Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Make Skyrim look gorgeous! [33360]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Make Skyrim look gorgeous! [33360] Reply with quote

This mod simply overhauls Skyrim\'s visual and graphics with a reasonable performance loss.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim should not have been about the looks.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhmm where have you been for oh.. a decade? The entire game industry like, courting the opposite sex, is ALL about image and attraction. Thats what generally interests you to play the game or date that hot sex. Superficial? Absolutely! Is it natural? Fcuking Y-E-S!

The game industry for a long time has always been about the bling and blang.. substance? Bahah.. yeah hardly.. those days where dev did ALOT with SO MUCH LESS are long gone. Now they have WAYY too much bloat and tools and actually do less but use the proverbial "golden shovel" and pile on the freshly-scented turd into one heck of a gorgeous looking poo mountain! Very Happy

Is it wrong to like what you see rather than more respect whats really under the hood? Nah.. its human.. we're inherently pathetic and debased so we gravitate to games that look amazing then rather quickly peel-away the superficial to reveal the steaming turd it was. Of course, some games are gems but man thats a rare find these days. Mad
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw the looks if they put your FPS to a crawl. Let's face it, ENB makes it look a bit better in some segments, and worse in some others but it halves the FPS in all. 1920x1080, 2xAA, ENB mod, gtx 670 and i5 avg fps ~30. It's a joke, bad code from the start to work with, than you add badly coded ENB on top of that, put it on your 300$ GPU and cry...
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah.. get a better system cheapskate! Razz Unlike a console you can re-invest in the PC into actually making you coin like I do being incorporated Wink
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mod that adds color to a game that's essentially black and white halves the FPS?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Pah.. get a better system cheapskate! Razz Unlike a console you can re-invest in the PC into actually making you coin like I do being incorporated Wink

better system? whats wrong with gtx670?
edit: it's not even my system, I was building it for a customer and while testing it I gave Skyrim +ENB a go to see what it looks like and how does it work)

Last edited by gx-x on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
A mod that adds color to a game that's essentially black and white halves the FPS?

ENB mods are complete graphics overlays solely doing post-processing effects, and that is pretty intensive and on top of the game's engine
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably better in the long run to get a lower GPU but SLI/Crossfire em. Keep costs slightly above/below but have the advantage of performance. If it were the rational of the console where you can only do certain things then sure upgrade is not viable BUT since PCs do wayyy more than just gaming.. Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Probably better in the long run to get a lower GPU but SLI/Crossfire em. Keep costs slightly above/below but have the advantage of performance. If it were the rational of the console where you can only do certain things then sure upgrade is not viable BUT since PCs do wayyy more than just gaming.. Wink

I have no clue what are you talking about Smile for the price of gtx670 you can't get 2xlower spec cards in SLi that will work better, besides, Sli/CF often work worse than single card until proper profiles are released.

edit: besides, in the long run you are only going to have twice the problem of ditching the old cards and getting decent value for them. Wink
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen benchmarks done in common games that would state otherwise. I'm still debating on whether to go dual card or a 690GTX (my treat of course). Cash to burn perhaps but hey.. I'm a corporation Smile It pays to be at tax time. Very Happy
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
I haven't seen benchmarks done in common games that would state otherwise. I'm still debating on whether to go dual card or a 690GTX (my treat of course). Cash to burn perhaps but hey.. I'm a corporation Smile It pays to be at tax time. Very Happy

but 690 is dual gpu card, I wasnt debating that lol. I was debating that 2x150$ cards arent faster than one 300$ one. Never were, never will be.

besides, most POS games these days dont deserve more than gtx460/6850, especially not Skyrim.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most games are built regrettably for console specs Neutral We need devs that can take more risks like they used to a decade ago but fear those days are long gone. All we got now are pretty McGames..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Most games are built regrettably for console specs Neutral We need devs that can take more risks like they used to a decade ago but fear those days are long gone. All we got now are pretty McGames..

exactly. When they do build it for PC they run fine. Look at Rage or first Crysis and Crysis Warhead...GTX460 is more then enough if you know what I mean.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned a pc game in 20 years that utilised the FULL horsepower of my graphics card, before the next graphics card came out that did blah,blah....fps,triangulations,polygons.... Utter bloat. That's the idea of owning a pc or custom building one. The next game will supercede your beloved graphics card/CPU combo. It's a hardware driven exploit. Your perfectly good gpu and CPU will never be used to its full due to bad coding and poor optimisation. You will continue to chuck in the next card and CPU to eek out a dozen more fps.
Why do you think they throw in an optimised game with your new gpu? It's to suck you in and believe you own a $hit hot card, till 3 new games down the line and it ain't as appealing as it was...
Consoles as an excuse is a load of shit..
SDK kits are out there for each platform. It's just that coders today can't write a pc game if their life depended on it! They cut their teeth on consoles and no longer dedicate to the pc. Money is to be made on mulitplatform, that is life and what funds their business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: