Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Leaked GeForce GTX 680 2GB Benchmarks [32621]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Leaked GeForce GTX 680 2GB Benchmarks [32621] Reply with quote

It looks like someone has jumped the NDA gun and released a boatload of benchmarks for the GeForce GTX 680 2GB.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like its worse then the last gen....
Craftos
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Are you blind ? Reply with quote

It's way faster. To be honest it's shocking faster than previous gen (580) in every test it beats old model by 20-50%. It's big jump comparing to what ATI usually oferrs with it's newer generations.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These graphs never represent anything.
The card may as well be miles ahead of ATI 6990 in so many aspects, and a 10fps difference in 100+fps benchmarks isn't visible at all.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quad SLI with a 195 watt TDP... yeah, for people who need an electric furnace and have money to burn on power.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These results are quite surprising, for such a small die size and 256 bit bus.

It does look like a very nice product from all angles.

Still, I'll reserve final judgement for tomorrow's full reviews.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good things:
- card is fast. Faster than previous gen, faster than latest AMD GPU's.
- card is not hot. It's cooler than previous gen and about the same as AMD current gen.
- card is rebranded from gtx 660 to gtx 680 once nVidia saw what AMD has to offer (read 7970).
- overclocks good
- useful new tech like adaptive vsync and new anti aliasing model

(not necessarily) BAD things:

rebranded to gtx680 we have a mid segment card selling for the highest end price (read: ~150$ more than first planned by nVidia). It's just business as usual but nVidia still has the "real" gtx680 in their sleeve thanks to AMD not being fast enough (compared to next gen nvidia) and not being CHEAP enough (that's about to change. I suspect 7990 will kick in to replace 7970 in that price range and force nvidia to drop price on gtx680 and release the bigger brother gtx6xx or perhaps 780? )

@Genoism:

you are either blind or a very bad troll. Awful troll actually.
zarlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for what use are those cards ??
Oh i see those console port pc games out in the market
locked at 60 fps..no need i say
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:

yea, I wish. Try: locked at 30fps $@%@$%^@ damn console ports.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its useful to software that uses GPU rendering for example.
I personaly dont need this now. The next upgrade to my PC will be either when new gen consoles come up or 64bit Zbrush comes out...

Nice new gen (or whatever) from Nvidia but this is not for gaming now Rolling Eyes
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irony is, they made a pure gaming GPU, they cut out most of the gpgpu functionality, gpgpu performance of gtx680 is somewhere in the range of gtx570...Not bad bud considering it has 4 times more shaders you can clearly see what nVidia had in mind with this GPU...
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
good things:
- card is fast. Faster than previous gen, faster than latest AMD GPU's.
- card is not hot. It's cooler than previous gen and about the same as AMD current gen.
- card is rebranded from gtx 660 to gtx 680 once nVidia saw what AMD has to offer (read 7970).
- overclocks good
- useful new tech like adaptive vsync and new anti aliasing model

(not necessarily) BAD things:

rebranded to gtx680 we have a mid segment card selling for the highest end price (read: ~150$ more than first planned by nVidia). It's just business as usual but nVidia still has the "real" gtx680 in their sleeve thanks to AMD not being fast enough (compared to next gen nvidia) and not being CHEAP enough (that's about to change. I suspect 7990 will kick in to replace 7970 in that price range and force nvidia to drop price on gtx680 and release the bigger brother gtx6xx or perhaps 780? )

@Genoism:

you are either blind or a very bad troll. Awful troll actually.

I think Nvidia learned some lessons from the earlier series after the 4k 5k and 6k series. If I remember right that's when the radeons were tops. Still have my ATI AIW card in a bin somewhere.

gx-x wrote:
zarlin wrote:

yea, I wish. Try: locked at 30fps $@%@$%^@ damn console ports.

I was going to say this as well. I've seen way too many ports locked at 30fps get thrown into the PC market. It's fucking sad. This is what people mean when consoles kill the PC market by subpar standards. It has nothing to do with being a better platform or anything good for that matter.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ati 4k series .... hm, not so much Very Happy they had it out for too long until 5k came, nvidia got them in the middle with gtx 2xx series, especially gtx260 c212. Ati had to invent radeon 4890, but it was a good card at least, better in everything than any previous 4xxx card. It was finally cool and quiet (smaller GPU fab process if I remember correctly )
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
ati 4k series .... hm, not so much Very Happy they had it out for too long until 5k came, nvidia got them in the middle with gtx 2xx series, especially gtx260 c212. Ati had to invent radeon 4890, but it was a good card at least, better in everything than any previous 4xxx card. It was finally cool and quiet (smaller GPU fab process if I remember correctly )

I remember Nvidia going to shit after the geforce3 for awhile. Think I had a 4600 or something and it was craptacular. The five and six series weren't that great either. The 7800gtx256mb was an ok card but didn't have enough memory until the 7800512mb came out which is what I went with. The 8800 was hot and huge like the 7800. I had to go water cooling on both as they would overheat in a lian li case and even in an antec skeleton. Ran two cards 7800512 and 8800's. The 460/465's were a godsend.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly? I don't remember. after 4000 series, they had GeForce3, just that, I don't remember it was named with large numbers until series 5000. I think I had GF 4200 Ti for a long time, then I picked up radeon 9600xt, didn't like it much so I went for GF 5900fx or something like that, about the same as 9600xt speed wise, maybe a bit faster but I can't remember why I choose it. after that I had 6600GT, 6800GT, X850XT somewhere in between, then X1900XT, then 7600GT, then...hell...a lot of cards passed it's kinda redundant to name them all Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: