Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Thursday Reading - Console Gaming Dead Soon? [29354]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Thursday Reading - Console Gaming Dead Soon? [29354] Reply with quote

StarCraft II Pre-Downloads - The
Battle.net Web Beta is now offering the opportunity to pre-download the digitally distributed
edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, provided you plan
to purchase the game directly from Blizzard, warning: \uot;If you are
planning to buy a boxed copy from a retail store,

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"PC Zone Magazine Shuts Down After 17 Years "

Crying or Very sad

That sucks Sad I used to remember Charlie Brooker's funny shit.. it was the only PC mag that has ever had HUMOR in it tbh!

And they didn't ever seem to suck up the industry just gave honest opinions/reviews on things and wrote them well.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255806
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you know jack shit. All your knowledge from a crap magazine that went down the hill 10 years ago. Eventually became a magazine where advertising overran the articles. These guys even tried electronic releases of their magazine that went nowhere. Not to mention nearly every good writer went elsewhere. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Way better publications out there than this crap. Even with a simple google search you can finder better reviews and stories than the crap in this publication.
zarlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
No wonder you know jack shit. All your knowledge from a crap magazine that went down the hill 10 years ago. Eventually became a magazine where advertising overran the articles. These guys even tried electronic releases of their magazine that went nowhere. Not to mention nearly every good writer went elsewhere. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Way better publications out there than this crap. Even with a simple google search you can finder better reviews and stories than the crap in this publication.

Now i don't have a notebook , so when i go shethouse , i like to have something to read at , and taking my pc out there is just to much Wink
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing "in the near future" is still a decade away...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No wonder you know jack shit.

Coming from you Tom that actually means jack shit.. Laughing

Quote:
All your knowledge from a crap magazine that went down the hill 10 years ago.

Rolling Eyes lol o'really?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCZone -of which i used to be a subscriber for 9 years, turned into a biased pile of steaming shit! Every fucking thing on that mags DVD laterly or review was Half Life 2 this... Half Life 2 mod this... HL2 MP this. Funny, nothing i ever bought near the end reflected their reviews. The exact opposite to be exact.
The stupid fuckwits tried to be the gamers version of FHM. Except they RAMMED their opinions down peoples throats on the letters page and they were NO where near as adult or funny with it. Very,very tiresome.
They phoned me after i binned the subscription and asked me why i left, i said 1)i can download ALL that's on the DVD MONTHS in advance for nearly the same price of my broadband rental. 2)change the record eh? The love of Peter Molyneaux and all things VALVE fan club, just plain had enough.
What was it eventualy? 6 -7 quid per mag? Get REAL!!
Koogle, if you were a supporter of PCZ you would have known that they had gone tits up! Instead you quote yourself talking like the last time you bought a copy was 10years AGO in it's hey day......Where were you when they needed you?
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Croucher's rant or rave each month in Computer Shopper is well worth the fiver. Irrespective of the banal reviews and reviewers pimping mediocre products that fail to deliver impartiality. Same products review 6 months ago keep popping up again and again WTF talk about product placement and gorilla marketing FFS.

The DVD oh my what a load of pants, with obsolete full version product giveaways and a several gig of rubbish. Save your money CompShop and don't bother with the DVD for they don't buy it for that trash, and invest in Mel !, more pages of IT gritty humor please, we need it FFS there's a depression. If it wasn't for dear Mel i'd a binned this marketing spiel eon's ago. And the humorous cartoons by David Simonds.

Micro mart mag is another good read.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC Zone 'was' a hunk of shit, only a dumb ass n00b like you Koogle would have read that shit and believed it all. Like Stumpus says, it became a biased piece of shit. It became biased when the good reviewers and editors left the mag and went to get better fucking jobs. I used to read this junk when I was going to college, that and PC Magazine another junk magazine. PC Zone I remember once buying a printer and it was reviewed in other magazines really well and those fucktards at PC Zone just slammed it a bad score because it used ink too fast. That was a load of shit or they were printing everything at top notch quality. I don't know but that one review I read after I bought my printer and almost literally from that day I just had enough of that crap and stopped buying it. I even wrote them and told them they were full of shit and they replied something like, we printed in draft and everyone has their own opinion. I said, ya, and yours sucks.

I really don't read any magazines including games magazines anymore. They are all shit and cost a lot. I use the internet and that's it.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really read any magazine unless I was at the doctor's office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: