Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Thursday Reading - No PC version of GoW 2 [25973]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Thursday Reading - No PC version of GoW 2 [25973] Reply with quote

The Sims 2: Apartment Life Patch - The first patch for The Sims 2: Apartment Life updates the eighth expansion for the lifestyle simulation sequel to version 1.16.0.187
Warhammer Online Patched - The first major update (v1.01) for the game includes fixes from previous smaller patches, and adds

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i'm crying tears of...joy! No GoW2 for PC? why of course it's microshaft supporting the PC as best they do always. Erm, sorry. They mean support their thinly disguised PC -most commonly called the Deadbox 360....... Rolling Eyes
strangestsensation
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to criticize m$ here, but isn't this old news? I've known this for some time. I didn't really get into GOW so no GOW2 for PC doesn't bother me.

I have Xbox 360 Stumpus and it's fantastic. Compared to PC I'd have to say it's superior in lots of ways. I don't understand what you mean by Deadbox. Xbox 360 is more than worth it's value compared to Playstation and easily holds the majority of games. I also have a Wii and enjoy it thoroughly.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangestsensation wrote:
I'm not going to criticize m$ here, but isn't this old news? I've known this for some time. I didn't really get into GOW so no GOW2 for PC doesn't bother me.

I have Xbox 360 Stumpus and it's fantastic. Compared to PC I'd have to say it's superior in lots of ways. I don't understand what you mean by Deadbox. Xbox 360 is more than worth it's value compared to Playstation and easily holds the majority of games. I also have a Wii and enjoy it thoroughly.

Deadbox, meaning the RRoD Laughing
Come on, it only really holds on because -again- M$ buy-out all the DLC so that there is no competition. Without that it becomes....well nothing much really doesn't it? High Def films are no longer + of course you had to buy the external HD player for them (£150 in the UK), which took the retail price way past the the PS3 Not of course the price it is now -since it's defunct.
I have a PS3 but that is primarily for Blu-Ray movies, since we are a member of an online rental club, so that means we can watch as many blu-ray films and play PS3,Xbox,Wii etc games for a small fee per month. Rather than spend a stupid amount per game/film as you would retail.
Enjoy = buy and resume game from rental game-save.
Rubbish = about £2.50 loss Wink
strangestsensation
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:

Deadbox, meaning the RRoD Laughing
Come on, it only really holds on because -again- M$ buy-out all the DLC so that there is no competition. Without that it becomes....well nothing much really doesn't it? High Def films are no longer + of course you had to buy the external HD player for them (£150 in the UK), which took the retail price way past the the PS3 Not of course the price it is now -since it's defunct.
I have a PS3 but that is primarily for Blu-Ray movies, since we are a member of an online rental club, so that means we can watch as many blu-ray films and play PS3,Xbox,Wii etc games for a small fee per month. Rather than spend a stupid amount per game/film as you would retail.
Enjoy = buy and resume game from rental game-save.
Rubbish = about £2.50 loss Wink

I don't care if they bought out all the rights or whatever, who cares really about all that? The fact to me is that it has great games, I enjoy it and it's brought me countless hours of hassle free entertainment. Some weeks I don't even touch my PC.

No, for me I avoided the jump on Bluray because I've already known for some time that Bluray is dead and I don't sit around all day watching movies anyway. Yes, I've seen bluray movies and decided it wasn't anything fantastic. So if I'm not interested in movies and I have a PS3, what the heck am I gonna do with it??

I already have an excellent theater system with a upconverting dvd player. So PS3 just simply makes no sense to me. Oh and cost wise, games are ~ $50 bucks here, same goes for PC. Royalty fees or not, again, couldn't care less. The industry does what it wants.

Hope that clarifies my stance.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, for me I avoided the jump on Bluray because I've already known for some time that Bluray is dead and I don't sit around all day watching movies anyway. Yes, I've seen bluray movies and decided it wasn't anything fantastic. So if I'm not interested in movies and I have a PS3, what the heck am I gonna do with it??

I already have an excellent theater system with a upconverting dvd player. So PS3 just simply makes no sense to me. Oh and cost wise, games are ~ $50 bucks here, same goes for PC. Royalty fees or not, again, couldn't care less. The industry does what it wants.

Erm, your confusing me? HD is dead and blu-Ray is actualy alive and in all video shops. It was Toshiba that nailed HD's coffin shut and blu-ray became the defacto standard as of today.
Sure it may be superceded in 4years or so, but so does everything.

I'm afraid you are getting more and more confused here; first you state
Quote:
I avoided the jump on Bluray because I've already known for some time that Bluray is dead and I don't sit around all day watching movies anyway. Yes, I've seen bluray movies and decided it wasn't anything fantastic. So if I'm not interested in movies and I have a PS3, what the heck am I gonna do with it??

Play games??? most obvious choice. Then why buy a PS3??????

Quote:
I already have an excellent theater system with a upconverting dvd player.

You must have a terrible TV? HD/Blu-Ray films are 4 times the detail of standard DVD/TV. If you can't tell the difference between the uncompressed audio (for starters) and the clarity of these films...well sorry but i find that quite amazing!

I have both pioneer and Sony dedicated upscaler DVD/HD recorders 1080p (300bucks each bought before i got a PS3, used for mainly burning home movies and for viewing my couple of hundred DVD films) they output through HDMI and they are in the same league as the 'poor mans' jump from RGB to a slightly better pic -if you could call it that.
Playing standard DVDs upscaled to 1080 is nice, but delusional compared to blu-ray or HD.
The jump from RGB/composite/upscaled to TRUE HDMI is chalk and cheese!!

Sorry, i'm not intentional ripping the Xbox up as a games machine, rather i hate M$ for what they have done to Gaming in general for every format.
Enjoy all games on all formats and console owners should have the same rights to games as the PC has had for decades, instead we have Gates' monopolising everything....how sad
strangestsensation
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy buddy you'll blow a gasket.

You whine about m$ gouging people but Sony is not much better.

Royalty amounts collected.

Blu-Ray Drive : $30
Blu-Ray Player and Console : $60~70
HD-DVD Drive : $7 net royalty($5 DVD royalty is included in $12 combined royalty)

Yes, Bluray is dead and many prominent people in the industry do believe it is alreayd dead. Flash memory will soon replace it. DVD and the media itself will soon be dead in a few years. It will die off like the floppy. I barely need to even rent movies these days. I can get them off the internet for free or I can get them instantly through my cable box in HD.

I didn't buy a PS3 because I don't care about Bluray and PS3 has no games worth my time. Xbox has been flawless for me and so has my Wii. The kids love it and the kids also don't care for a PS3.

Well I'm done on this topic Stumpus hope this is clear enough because, lol, I will likely forget this topic this week. I have busy work week.

ciao
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm not interested in movies and I have a PS3, what the heck am I gonna do with it??

Nope it doesn't and here was me thinking we were having a bit of constructive critique....

Your latest post says:
Quote:
I didn't buy a PS3 because I don't care about Bluray and PS3 has no games worth my time

Make your mind up, you own a PS3 then you don't.

So you clearly just spout off without actualy knowing what you're talking about....oh great Rolling Eyes
There's no games for the PS3 because i don't own one to actualy know that. Don't you realise how stupid that makes you look?

Yeah, the conversation is over because it didn't even get out of neutral.

Back to work indeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: