Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No Gears of War 2 on PC, Says Epic [25807]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: No Gears of War 2 on PC, Says Epic [25807] Reply with quote

In this interview with IGN, Gears of War lead designer Cliff Bleszinski has revealed that there will not be a PC version of Epic Games\' upcoming shooter sequel Gears of War 2:

Does this mean you are planning a Windows version of "Gears of War 2"? Cliff: Gears of War is a great franchise

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Epic's loss, not ours.

@Epic, take your crappy games and program them for the crappy XBOX that M$ pays you to do.

64SPs LOL, we now have 1600SPs on the PC (4870X2). Wake up stupid people and take your head out of your golden ass!
Zimnick
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a PC gamer first and foremost, it's no loss to me either. Mainly because I played Gears of War on PC and 360, and by far preferred it on 360.

And no, it's not Epic's loss. Money is no issue with them lol. And no matter how many SPs there are currently, take a look at the level of quality. It's still roughly the same.

Oh, and yea, I'm no console fanboy, far from it. Just have a neutral viewpoint on this one. *shrugs*
WillieT
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did a half ass job with the previous one for the pc. so i don't really care.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too couldn't give a shit about it, its even more of a consolized noob shit game than ut3 turned out to be on the pc, and that game(ut3) was meant for the pc.. obviously now its a pile of shit, so they've lost that franchise as I certainly won't be buying any games from them ever again. They can stay making stale games and glorified game engines for the console and don't fucking come back, actually same goes to ID software, piss off then, sick of hearing id software whining about things, the plain fact is that they've been making really shity games post quake2/3.

Hopefully it will give some new developers the go ahead to innovate the fps genre on the pc platform with less competition if you could call these epic failures that. I certainly don't need my fps games with glitzy graphics and shit gameplay, lame music, or any other sucky things like poor ass noob interfaces and input methods on a pc that think I'm still using a controller. I want more customizable! Anyway both id and epic have lost the plot(bah you could probably chuck in crytek aswel).. why they even bother actually making games I have no idea most there releases just seem to be game engine demonstrations.
Safer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I call shenanigans!

Not gonna make a PC version... pfft! I bet my ass that like every xbox fps out there it will be ported...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: