Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Crysis Demo Performance Analysis [24426]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis [24426] Reply with quote

Both PC Perspective and

TweakTown have Crysis demo performance analyses:

The Crysis settings system works by only offering you resolutions that the computer can handle. What's frustrating is that none of the cards here today gave us the ability to run at our native 2560 x 1600 resolution with any deta

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Renton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: DX10 & DX9 Performance Reply with quote

Ok, here's the real deal, with playable framerates to have a very smooth gameplay i put this configs for Vista and XP, both works over 40 FPS.

On Vista, 1024x768, no AA, no AF (cause introduces a deffect on the vegetation), all very high except shadows on low.
On XP, 1280x1024, no AA, 16x AF, all on high.

In all resolutions and configurations with AA enable the game turns unplayable, even with 2x no trmmaa.

Core 2 Duo E6750@3,20
EVGA 8800GTX@600/1000
X-FI Fatal1ty
ASUS P5KC
Corsair 8500C5@1066x2GB
West.Dig.2x250GBSATA2
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 22' wide screen so 1024x768 will look like shit but ill try
to bad they made a game for a system that will cost alot of cash., not alot of people can afford. id say about 10% if that can afford the system they made it for.

the above settings worked great for me but the shades and shadows on low made the game look strange but very playable thanks.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere on the Crysis site that the game (engine) is actualy 2years ahead of current hardware. Now since DX10 is on it's infancy -and crap!, that means nothing out today is going to play it in all it's glory.
It's like i said before; it's not a new phenomenon.
Flight sims have been produced like that for decades!! Also for that matter, hardware is aged as soon as you buy it - a new game comes along pretty soon that kicks the crap out that 2 month old graphics card that cost you $$$ £££ Laughing
Far Cry, Oblivion are two examples of high end games that were ahead of their times.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Stumpus, but i do not see any point in that. They could've released it two years earlier then. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: