Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No DirectX 10 Supreme Commander [23703]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: No DirectX 10 Supreme Commander [23703] Reply with quote

Despite earlier reports that a DirectX10 patch for Gas Powered Games's sci-fi RTS title Supreme Commander would be released after the game shipped to stores,

this post on the developer's official message boards has revealed that those plans have been scrapped:

Despite the best efforts of our own team and ou

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Badmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well personally I chose to hold off on Vista, something about it just doesn’t feel right to me even if I don’t take into account the different hardware requirements and gaming benchmarks I have seen posted around.

Although on saying that I can’t help but feel a little bit sorry for the people that bought the game expecting the DX10 stuff.

Again on saying that I really did not enjoy Sup Com at all, I can understand why others enjoy it but I just cant used to it.

I know its possibly sacrilege to say that but I am having a lot more fun on C&C 3, it might be that I don’t play RTS online though, just in LAN’s.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned from the jump from Win95 to win98 to hold on. I bought Win98SE.
Same for XP, i waited a couple of years before moving.
'Early adopters' always learn the hard way, regarding buying the newest OS.
Vista sales are poor, hardware reviews are better than ever (thanks hx) and hardware support is crap! So MS are getting hammered! No wonder dev's are sticking to XP.

On the subject of Sup Com, i too found it more of a chore to play -only the demo mind, but the demo is HUGE and enough to make your mind up on!
The jump from micro controlling your units on the ground to having to zoom out and manage them in the air wasn't exactly fun.
C&C3 got it spot on in that dept.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When XP is on it's 'last legs' -will i move to Vista.
I still have two legacy machines; One with DOS6.22/Win95 Matrox Mystique and Diamond Monster(on pass thru) and the other Win98SE GeForce 3 and a whole load of oldie games! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: