Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 11 Adoption rate Microsoft is getting [59236]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject: Windows 11 Adoption rate Microsoft is getting [59236] Reply with quote

Microsoft is getting more aggressive with videos and ads trying to tell you Windows 11 is better than 10.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
videos and ads trying to tell you Windows 11 is better than 10

Well, it's not Very Happy
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s miles better than Win 10 on my machine that I just built for gaming.
Note “I built”
it’s not some half arsed effort that kids today do and think they are pc builders. Fuck me, it boots in 5 seconds to desktop and everything is loaded. My Win 10 on an EVO 850 is still at Nando’s (get it’s v-nand) and counting them. Lol

I do not understand what people get so uptight about moving on, it’s 10 years old. It’s not like it’s the first OS to do this is it. I wanted Win XP and 98 to last forever. But that’s life.

You’ll not hear a proper high end builder who owns Intel or AMD moaning about Win 11. That’s a fact.

Anyway, there’s a time for everything and I’m not building a future 14th gen mobo with Gen 5 and sticking an OS on it that that’s little over a year.
I’m sorted and that’s all that matters

You do know that you can install win 11 and never activate it. Everything works apart from customisation and you can reg edit out the watermark.

Then of course you have the brilliant Win 10 fuck-up update….

Rolling Eyes
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I were a pensioner and opened only 2 apps at a time, like a browser and a game, I'd probably be okay with it.
However, I need to have 2-3 presentations, 4 excel sheets and a few browsers open at a time.
Win11 is absolutely detrimental to productivity.
I won't be using it until they fix it.
Let's see how Win12 fares, maybe MS will learn these lessons by then.
If not, my next upgrade is Linux.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have windows 11 on my laptop... and technically it's stuck on it, if it wasn't such a low powered laptop I'd toss Linux on it.. I'll never put that 11 crap on my main pc. As Csimbi says its detrimental to productivity. I'll wait on Win12 as well, and move to Linux if it's crap like Win11
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Well, if I were a pensioner and opened only 2 apps at a time, like a browser and a game, I'd probably be okay with it.
However, I need to have 2-3 presentations, 4 excel sheets and a few browsers open at a time.
Win11 is absolutely detrimental to productivity.
I won't be using it until they fix it.
Let's see how Win12 fares, maybe MS will learn these lessons by then.
If not, my next upgrade is Linux.

That's just down to old hardware, admit it.

I've had loads of Windows open, even youtube, editing OMSI 2, paint progs etc and then been playing RTX games whilst open and i didn't even notice it.

Far more intensive than what your doing i can assure you.

Seriously, it's just like the majority out there with crappola hardware.

Btw, did i NOT say i built it for games?
Fuck the folk at the work have LENOVA laptops spread over two monitors. A phone could do the same work that your doing, this is 2024 not Win 3:11 for workgroups.

Gaming is a TON more intensive that fucking about with spreadsheets. and browsers. come on get a realistic handle on this.

Do you play games or no? Win 10 vs Win 11 on spreadsheets and browsers is a pathetic argument guys.

I'm sure your up there with pensioners opening up your spreadsheet to check your ins and outs, gas/leccy bill, cause you aint playing hardcore games

You could do this on anything grabbed off PC World shelves without looking and don't say you couldn't
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't speak the same language, it seems.
I talk about productivity and you talk about games and hardware.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what SABOT is talking about exactly, but it sounds like experience with fresh windows install, nothing more. My EVO 860 boots Win 10 in less than 2 rotations of that progress bar (less than 10 seconds to desktop). And my win10 Pro is around 4 years old install.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What progress bar?
I see a pie-like rotating thing for a few secs - between POST and login screen.
Is that what you mean?

I don't really see it that much, I am on SSD, so Windows is quite snappy.
But honestly, I just don't care about boot time.
I pass the PC on the way to toilet, by the time I'm back, it's all booted up.
It's not like I am using my PC for turning it on and off Very Happy

However, if you see that rotating for more than 15 secs, there is something very wrong with your PC.
Can post your WEI scores?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
What progress bar?
I see a pie-like rotating thing for a few secs - between POST and login screen.
Is that what you mean?

Yes. Same here after 4 years packing win10 up with all sorts of dumb s*it that I am to lazy to remove Smile (PrivaZer might remove it, I run it occasionally)

Quote:

However, if you see that rotating for more than 15 secs, there is something very wrong with your PC.
Can post your WEI scores?

nah, 2-3 sec, one and a half circle of that animation, SATA SSD EVO 860 256GB (512GB is faster, etc.)
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
We don't speak the same language, it seems.
I talk about productivity and you talk about games and hardware.

I JUST stated that, didn’t I! Man oh friggin, man…this was a discussion about Win10 vs Win11 in gaming and performance.

Bog standard shit on the shelves does PowerPoint, excel, multiple web browsers.
It’s not an OS argument, it’s just make an argument because you want to make one out of Win10 v Win11.
That’s all I see as the language barrier. That’s just being stubborn and ignorant. If your hardware is shitty old, then you’re not going to Win 11 eh?

People on the internet today will convince each other than water is bad for you, then you see millions of negative reasons to drink water. They are inbred sheep.
People on steam and here go on about how bad Win11 is. I myself wasn’t sure what the issues were as no one gave any, other than ‘I’m staying with Win 10’ not exactly constructive or helpful.
Some sites were very good and gave very informative accounts on performance, but having read the naysayers I was in doubt.
I was starting to think this was a bad move…..

So taking advantage of FREE install and rollback, I did it. The conclusion is that people are a waste of space/breath or not worth oxygen
There is no in-between anymore
They are either, liars, sheep, incompetent, don’t even know what they are talking about or just attention seekers for social media. You spend more time trying to work these individuals out then finding answers to your original query…..

Humans in short -todays are fucking tiresome narcissists.

Since I’ve built this i have no longer any patience for people that can’t construct simple criticisms/debates; ie good and bad points. They just come out with the defacto ‘it’s crap’, ‘it crashes’ etc. can’t even hold a conversation.

My 7 year old laptop boots instantly with a Crucial MX300 to sign in in a couple seconds with Win10 But it’s just a laptop for messing about, not for gaming.
I needed hard facts about gaming.

So again ,we have a dead useless debate surrounding a circle on a loading screen which I don’t get…… if I turn off sign on it just goes from power to win 11 desktop..It just does..

So…
This is my primary boot drive in a Gaming RIG. Which already has nearly 7TB games loaded on its drives.

Corsair MP600 PRO NH 1TB SSD Gen 4 NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive - CSSD-F1000GBMP600PNH Along with my other Crucial MX 500 etc.

So no, we’re not on the same page. Comparing this to an 860 EVO is like night and day.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/p/data-storage/cssd-f1000gbmp600pnh/mp600-pro-nh-1tb-pcie-4-0-gen-4-x4-nvme-m-2-ssd-cssd-f1000gbmp600pnh

Also, the first time in my 33 years of gaming I have witnessed not ONE stutter in any of my 773 steam games or GoG, Origin etc

You fail to realise that I still have my Win10 machine with a Samsung EVO 850 as it’s boot, yeah it’s fast and then takes eons to load my other drives contents and games. That’s its problem.
Old hardware, old motherboard, old everything.

Why oh why are there still incompetent people out there that think by sticking Win 11 on their PC it somehow changes it into an upgrade and they have this god given right to spout shit and derision about stuff they haven’t a clue about and never will. Then their mass binary friends follow them and tell them “they are right and correct” and then they grow up thicker and more stubborn having never been told “NO, you are WRONG”.

Case in question on the steam forum
Guy has an RTX 3080 and complains that he can only get 60fps in StarField on High settings. No other specs, no nothing. Which is all people post today, because this is who they are.
So how come I get 98fps with everything on Ultra at 1440p…
No need to answer that, ‘I built it’ is why.
it’s so bloody obvious.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, gaming performance, win 10 vs win 11 (reskinned win 10 loaded with bloatware)

drive performance (and why is NVME a COMPLETE waste of money for small 4K reads and for gaming)

We have deluded people around the world and big tech approves of them. After all, you need suckers to make profit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: