Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Saturday Tech Reading [18736]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Saturday Tech Reading [18736] Reply with quote

SECURITY... Critical flaws found in IPsec protocols - Flawed cryptography is leaving people using IPsec security protocols vulnerable to hacking, according to the UK's National Infrastructure Security Coordination Centre (NISCC). The organisation has released an advisory about the discovery

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wohoa IBM backs Firefox, like who gives a $hit if they do. IBM, pff...

Firefox has a lot of problems in terms of compatibility. Couldn't care less for it. Plus their main developer was pissed and said the company sucks just a few months ago, mentioning how staff are totally uninterested in fixing known big bugs with Firefox.

Having used Firefox on Solaris, because Solaris sucks with NEtscape, I saw that Firefox.. just doesn't cut it for the diversity of webpages out there. Too many incompatiblies, especially with versions of PHP.

Firefox is for the MS whiners in my opinion. Everyone I know who uses firefox, disses MS all the time. Funny, since IE runs 100% of the pages out there, java, asp, php, what have you..

Firefox also has exploits, but with such a small userbase, good luck identifying em until they are fully being abused. LOL! I rather use a browser backed by a big company with lots of money, not some cheap ass company who bickers amongst themselves and ignores potentially big problems.

IE, has millions and millions of users and because of that it's probably the best browser out there quality wise. Don't listen to your buddies saying IE gets hacked etc, ALL browsers get hacked. Ask em for an example of an IE hack right off the top when they say it, watch them step back or change subject, because all they are doing is speculating on what all the other anti-MS peeps say. Most of em have zero clue what an exploit is.

Using firefox or not you will get spyware. The solution no matter the browser is the same.

Adaware from www.lavasoft.de
Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
Microsoft Anti-Spyware from http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Make sure your Windows firewall is on(Service Pack 2 required), make sure you have antivirus, one I recommend being AVG from Grisoft. It's free and updated all the time. Get it here
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: