Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hitman: Absolution won't support Windows XP [33654]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Hitman: Absolution won't support Windows XP [33654] Reply with quote

Bad news for those who are still stuck with Windows XP, as Nixxes Software has confirmed that Hitman: Absolution won\'t support this particular OS:

Hitman: Absolution, just like Hitman: Sniper Challenge, will not work on Windows XP.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, expect less sales.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose but since WinXP is VERY OLD and doesn't support even DirectX 10.. You've had since '09 to upgrade and now W8 is weeks away from release. Still time to get with the GATES Very Happy
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need, really. XP does everything you need.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It does NOT have the latest DirectX Graphical APIs. In fact W8 is moving further ahead now in that department. WinXP is old hat and ALL new systems we deploy are mostly W7 and we're testing W8 RTM currently. Much better experience on both. WinXP was great for its time but its old/ancient now sorry. H/W is super cheap these days, wayy too easy to build/config, and it simply eats new plats like W7/8 for dinner and shitz the rest out for a late night snack.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that depends on your preferences.
I have not seen much improvement in graphics since DX9.
More triangles? Just who the **** cares? It does not make a game better or more fun.
Tesselation? I have not seen a decent game that supports that.
IMHO, there was no game yet worth upgrading and it certainly won't be this game (just look at how lame that video is).

For the record, I do run WinDOS 7. I do not see any improvement - practical improvement that is. If you're into flashy crap, it might mean more to you. The only thing it gives me is that I can run x64 apps - not that I have any, but at least I can use all the RAM I have.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at Win7, 8, and up to be investments in POSSIBLY better looking games. Ones that cleanly destroy any console now and forever.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's planning for the future, which is a wise thing to do in general.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still.. I agree with you that WinXP is sorta like all incarnations of software.. they get more bloated as they evolved (ie. Office2000 ran much better overall then XP, 2003 and onward much like Photoshop, and other suites). They just layer on more "features" thinking we'll need all the extra bits but doing so more bloat also gets loaded in the dlls. Cache22 I suppose. Guess we all want extra filler/bling so it compensates in our minds we're getting more value.

Anyway, I've played with W8 for a bit prior to and now post-RTM and getting used to it. Its the future of my business anyway as most corps are slowly putting down XP in the last couple years in favour of W7 and now W8 for them is 2-4years out depending if it doesn't turn into another WinME/Vista fiasco. Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit being whiny cheap fucks and get Windows 7. I know you don't want Windows 7 because your content with your pirated XP copy. Damn damn, money to give to a game site host who already makes money from advertising all over his site, but no money to buy a current and SUPPORTED OS. What fucking idiot games today with Windows XP anyhow. Oh wait, they are posting in this thread. Sales wont suffer at all I hate to say because the difference of idiots running XP still and those gaming with Windows 7 ain't even close. You call yourself PC gamers, ffs, what a fucking joke. Ya cheap ass dumb fuck pc gamers.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ought to re-read the thread, Tom. No one that replied so far uses XP.
If you are planning on flaming people, you should give them the courtesy of reading their messages so you would have a clue.
BTW, I thought you were a console dude; why'd you give a damn about micro, soft and their WinDOS?
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is why? We're still playing shit based on dx9. Do people realize how long DX9 has been out? It would run fine on XP and wouldn't look any worse. There were DX10 tweaks in XP back in the day when LOTRO was out and it worked. The problem was DX10 support was kinda garbage and I could give two shits about shadows.

I'd still use XP most likely if it supported newer hardware as the x64 version ran fine despite the lack of drivers. I use the same amount of shit I do now in w7 which is to say little that isn't third party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: