Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Warsow - freeware FPS [33356]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Warsow - freeware FPS [33356] Reply with quote

Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. Those interested can download it from its official website. I should also note that the final, 1

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an updated FPS anyone well seasoned by age should remember. Cool.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated?! looks like a total ripoff of quake 2 and 3, I thought I even saw "The Edge" map in the video...Hell, I should know, I played quake 2 and 3 for like 8 years in total, I know every corner of every map (that means something)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya no fricking kidding, it looks like Quake big time. I agree the map(s) looked very similar.. lol
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
updated?! looks like a total ripoff of quake 2 and 3, I thought I even saw "The Edge" map in the video...Hell, I should know, I played quake 2 and 3 for like 8 years in total, I know every corner of every map (that means something)

It did look like an uncanny likeness but I've never tried this one so I didn't want to offer an uninformed opinion Smile.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
gx-x wrote:

It did look like an uncanny likeness but I've never tried this one so I didn't want to offer an uninformed opinion Smile.

I didn't mean it to sound like something against you really, I have nothing against your comment Smile I was just trying to emphasize how much of ripoff is it really. Strafe jumping, missile launcher fire rate and rocket speed, rail gun, lightning gun and then on top of it all the top room from map "The Edge" (quake 2) shows up. I don't think id is going to let this one slide so easy lol
vdoWHAT
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
gx-x wrote:

I didn't mean it to sound like something against you really, I have nothing against your comment Smile I was just trying to emphasize how much of ripoff is it really. Strafe jumping, missile launcher fire rate and rocket speed, rail gun, lightning gun and then on top of it all the top room from map "The Edge" (quake 2) shows up. I don't think id is going to let this one slide so easy lol

That is not The Edge.. Here you got a video of the map you're talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xTECz-2IiU#t=182s

Solomonk the creator of Warsow was influenced by Quake2 yes. But it's still it's own game, the movement is completely different. The walljump and dash makes the game completely different from quake2 or 3.

You can make a 180 turn and not lose speed if you dash in the right moment, walljump as said above dodge, sort of like in Unreal Tournement.

Same as when I hear that in some weird way Urban Terror is supose to be a Counter Strike rip-off..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry but movement from the videos looks EXACTLY the same as in Quake 2. Granted, dash and wall walk are not from the quake but I haven't noticed them in the videos. However, I am familiar with them from Unreal tournament.

PS. It's more then obvious ripoff to me, no offense. When you are making such a game at least you can be more creative with weapons instead of just using RL, RG, PG, LG etc. and make them even feel the same as ones from Quake... :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: