Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

FULL REFUND to gamers who bought Mass Effect 3 [32615]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: FULL REFUND to gamers who bought Mass Effect 3 [32615] Reply with quote

ing of it. Well then you might just get a FULL REFUND from the retailer. On official Bioware Social Network Forum, user \uot;Lycius\uot; stated that he bought Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector\'s Edition, and now the retailer has given him FULL REFUND. Amazon is giving me a refund on my opened CE.

Sweet! that $80

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Now everyone can head to Amazon, play the game and get a full refund.
What other game does Amazon sell?

So, what's next? Detailed storyline in the legal disclaimer so people would know the story before they play it? Interesting.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's easier to give a full refund instead of a proper ending... Very Happy
kittomer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally, I think this is pretty silly.
Refunds because you didn't like the story? That is a little bit on the far side of rational.
I actually liked the endings, very much hard sci-fi stuff.
I see why the cuddly bear happy happy ending faction of players might not like it, though. Razz

On the other hand, what really pissed me off was the whole war assets/galactic readiness thing, because it is pretty much impossible to reach all the possible endings without playing multiplayer, and I really fucking hate multiplayer of any sort. (Not to say there is anything wrong with liking it, but I don't want any part of it.)

I mean, I've spend a disproportionate amount of time scanning all planets and trying to find every possible quest giver, and I still was a far shot away from getting all possible endings, I couldn't even reach the "green" ending.
sikapossu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this show what is wrong on ME3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually glad this happened. I'd rather see more consumer power than a big fuck you from the companies since they're so large nowadays. There's a downside to everything though.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikapossu wrote:
this show what is wrong on ME3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E

Having seen that video, I am getting the impression that the problem is not the ending. The problem is inherent in the whole game.
From the statements they made earlier, it should be clear that they had planned different story lines and a lot more choices. I am guessing that for some reason, the game development ended prematurely; for some reason, there was not time to create those story lines, and what we see are the shortcuts - attempts to hide the missing pieces.
I don't understand how a full refund would help. It seems to me that people should get a full refund for Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, plus compensation for your time invested into this game and the frustration caused by the disappointment.
It seems to me this marks the end of the Mass Effect franchise. Congratulations!
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post effect 3, or internet fu!

Last edited by Sabot on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

post effect 2

Last edited by Sabot on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

Well... how's about a refund for the last 20yrs of gaming, whereby i didn't get the ending that i wanted?
Honestly, i could understand bad code, constant crashes and lack of patches etc. But this world has gone completely fucking bonkers!!
In fact i've read several thousand books in my life that have SHIT endings, how about a rewrite and recall???

At one time, games DID end. Now because of DLC and the net, we have dev's writing story lines that are open and left as 'maybe'. Purely because of a financial viewpoint.
Years ago an expansion was bought to 'expand' a storyline or other perspective.
Having played Mass Effect 1 and 2 a few years ago, and 'bonded' with my character, i didn't find Mass Effect 3 a continuation of the previous 2 in as much as i hoped. Mass Effect 1 and 2, were and still are classics.
3 plain and simply ran out of steam and lost its 'freshness'.
The same old Normandy 2 and very little change in general left it feeling little had advanced since ME2.
The world and planets needed a complete fresh overhaul, instead it went backwards. Why not the ability to land on every planet and explore and fight at will? We had that previously. It's absolutely POINTLESS to go near a planet now unless it's purely marked on a mission.
Anyway, i could go on, but like all games it's a gamers opinion and we buy enjoy or hate.
Today the passion has gone out of how games are written and put across. They used to be like interactive films but they are getting churned out by dev's who have lost or no longer want to put money into it.
Have players shaped this? Probably, since the amount of gamers who finish (15-40hr) games over night are pretty much the norm.
If they have to stick at a game for a week it's most probably binned and traded anyway...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Length is not an issue as long as there's a storyline that keep it interesting without having to reload every quicksave at least once.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that. A good story is imperative, as long as it doesn't fragment too much off the course. I can't remember how far i have played into ME3, but it is feeling like a series of tacked on missions. (or the familiar 'find old crew' ME2, routine)
I just think the dev's should have gone completely away from the Citadel and created another planet with a unique city and planetary vehicles.
It was too easy to stick with the same routine. I'm playing every sub-mission before taking on the main plot -as i have always done with any RPG.
Same thing happened to Fallout New Vegas after Fallout 3. It's just BORING! Same game mechanics and principles replayed out with a different name....!
Why do they never go afresh?
Anyway, i've left ME3 for the time being and playing Two Worlds 2 and Ko Amalur.
Time i go back the new ending will be in place and i'll not know what the fuss was about. lol
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
I'm playing every sub-mission before taking on the main plot -as i have always done with any RPG.

i do the same.
I did not like Two Worlds 2; the first one was way better.
I did not play K. o. Amalur yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: