Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA Boss Says Consoles Don't Threaten PC Gaming [25451]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA Boss Says Consoles Don't Threaten PC Gaming [25451] Reply with quote

Eurogamer has interview with NVIDIA boss Roy Taylor as he talks about his company and their future plans, competing with Intel, and the current state of gaming. Here\'s a taster:

Eurogamer: One question which always comes up whenever we discuss the PC market is piracy. The "is PC gaming dying?&q

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with some of what he said. but i don't agree with me having to pay for patches to a fulty game ( that is not complete because its bugged)
i can see someone buying a game..( 50-60$) the finding out is has major issues with it... trying to download the patch to fix it... then seeing on the screen ( you must pay 20$)..... now i can see a lawsuit for that situation and i can see it winning... why? we pay 50-60$ for a complete game.. its simple.. noone pays that cash for a game that dose not work the way it was intended to work.

right?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you look at Gears of War or Assassin's Creed, they came out on console and they were great experiences - but the PC versions had additional aspects to them that also made them attractive, whether you owned the console version or not. The PC version was better.

Did that inc the PC required to run it full bells & whistles?
"Quote: If you look at the BMW used to race around Monaco, it was a great experience but the Ferrari F1 car was better"

Like soooo bleedin' obvious! IF you HAVE MONEY to throw at it!!!

Consoles= "one-stop-shop", same game minus a 900 buck overhead for 'fancy graphics', which is the PC. Rolling Eyes

So you spend a thousand bucks on a new gaming rig and the future is playing PC games off a server because of piracy AND paying for patches (Disguised as additional game content) Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: