Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT and 7900GT Info [20987]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT and 7900GT Info [20987] Reply with quote

Daily Tech has the scoop of two new NVIDIA parts, the

7600GT and

7900GT. Both cards target very different segments of the market and should be worthy successors to cards like the 6600GT and 7800GT respectively. NVIDIA's newest GPU, dubbed G71, will debut at CeBit 2006 in Hannover in a few weeks.

NVID

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5900XT, 4200 and GF3Ti200. Those were good examples of powerfull cards for the mainstream. Those kind of models are missing now. Something with 12 pixel pipelines and a 256-bit memory bus would be nice in the 7xxx series. I'd buy one of those straight away. Period.

I can't run PS intensive games on my 5900XT anymore on full detail, but with 256bit memory bus i have on it i can still crank up the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering all the way up in a geometry filled scene and have the performance close to all turned off. IMHO, the scene looks better with nice properly filtered high-res textures and no jaggies than a shader full scene, all jagged up, and visible artifacts on textures cause of the fact that antialiasing and texture filtering is turned off because the card lacks the potency to process basic things such as texturing.

12 pixel pipelines is just enough to run any new PS based game on max details and have a playable frame rate, but if the scene is (over)loaded with geometry, like in Far Cry, you'll think your card can't run shaders while in fact your card will be choking on geometry, especially if you additionaly turned on antialiasing and anisotropic.

7900/7800 to expensive, 7600 to weak for the money! (i'd presume)

I'm in no hurry. Next please.
DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates wrote:
A 7800/7900 is 6 times faster, will gain you more respect at a LAN party, and an ounce of respect on ggmania forums.

Respect at a LAN party?!?! Come on, I hope you are joking Bill...Yes, I buy things like video cards to gain the respect of my friends. NOT. I got an X800 XL and I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone here says about it. It's a so-so card and the drivers suck and it's got this bloated POS control panel. It's what I got for a decent price and it's the last ATI card that will sit in my PC or future PC.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx, this is what i have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143037 BFG 7800GT 256mb $309 It blows every game i have out the water with AA & AF on and 1600x1200 res. We're talking FEAR,X-3,Sant Andreas, Rome:Total war.

For the price it's superb! and a card that will take you into future games with SM3.0

You could also get the incredible XFX GeForce 7800GT at $295 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150108

these will blow away 2 6800GT SLI
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Bill: Actually i'm comparing it to the 7600. Just saying that a two generations old GFX card can perform better than some of the new ones in certain cases.

@Stumpus: yes it's tempting Smile. But i'm still satisfied with the performace of my overvolted Gainward. 6xxx should go down in prices now. Dunno, will see.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
Bill Gates wrote:
A 7800/7900 is 6 times faster, will gain you more respect at a LAN party, and an ounce of respect on ggmania forums.

Respect at a LAN party?!?! Come on, I hope you are joking Bill...Yes, I buy things like video cards to gain the respect of my friends. NOT. I got an X800 XL and I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone here says about it. It's a so-so card and the drivers suck and it's got this bloated POS control panel. It's what I got for a decent price and it's the last ATI card that will sit in my PC or future PC.

he WAS being humorous with his post you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: