Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

250GB hard drives roundup [20829]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: 250GB hard drives roundup [20829] Reply with quote

The chaps over at

StorageReview have published their 250GB hard drives roundup - they compared the Hitachi Deskstar T7K250, Maxtor DiamondMax 10, Samsung SpinPoint P120, Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 and WD Caviar WD2500KS HDDs. All drives in this roundup feature two or three platters and incorporate a native SATA

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had and actually just replaced my "IBM" Deskstar drives. I had a total of 3 over the course of the past 5 years. All of them have failed. I don't know if anything changed since Hitachi took over but I switched to Western Digital and they are a little noisier but I've never had a problem with them so far. I was a real fan of the Deskstar drives but seeing them all fail just because of heavy usage didn't inspire me to go get another. They only have a limited 3 year warranty, after that you are on your own... unless their warranty has changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: