Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Mark Rein on UT 2007 [20555]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Mark Rein on UT 2007 [20555] Reply with quote

1UP has conducted an interview with Epic Games VP Mark Rein, talking about (what else?) Unreal Tournament 2007's release date:

Rein went straight to the point. "Do you when the PS3 launch is? Neither do we," he says. "But we know when UT2007 will be done: WHEN IT'S DONE! So the que

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
v1m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "when it's done, when it's done" boilerplate might have made sense back in the day when id software alone had the balls to stiff nosy fanboys with it. Now, it's just a tired cliche. Why report it? Everybody says it. The only real news would be a developer saying, "When is it going to be done? Right now! We're going to ship this game today in a half-assed state that reflects exactly where we ran out of funding, patience and cocaine. It's going to be freezing at key points, lagging like hell online, missing vital game assets, featuring sfx duped from a library record called 'Scary Sounds,' and containing hidden nude code that not only will give your parents heart attacks but will you, too, because it's your nude parents you'll be playing as."
DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Jelster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found Epic to be even more vacuous than id when it comes to selling their engines. I mean Unreal 2 was pretty poor and UT2004 is just eyecandy on eyecandy.

For some reason their last interation of engines seem to be comitted to running on treacle power. Every game seems soggy.

As for its done when its done. Yeah the joke has kind of worn off and it would be refreshing to hear. Well finish in march because we're not incompetant cowboys. Afterall builders etc say ahh well it'll be done when its done wasn't funny when it started. Now the builders and the software developers are talking shite and then making it I think they need to whistle a new tune.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell are you talking about Jelster? Epic is one of the best software/gaming companies out there. Excellent games, excellent support and amazing SDK. More than I can say for that POS called Half-life and to think at one time I thought highly of HL.. Never gonna touch that cheat infested poorly supported hunk of crap ever again. iD went downhill as soon as they released Quake 3. All Carmack is to iD is a figurehead now. Too busy spending his million in the hope he can go to space. I just hope Carmack stays in space cuz he can't do shit in software anymore. I personally think people flock to HL not cuz it's a good game but because EVERYONE knows you can cheat your arse off. UT has always had both internally and through modders excellent security mods making it enormously difficult to cheat on.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UT2004 is great, I still play the original UT myself anyways, and as for Unreal 2.. it brought us U2XMP which was quite simply the best multiplayer experience out of every Unreal game I have personally played.
Such a shame it wasn't integrated for the original release of Unreal 2, it would have been worth the wait for the publisher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: