Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft sinks even lower [59794]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject: Microsoft sinks even lower [59794] Reply with quote

Every day Microsoft pushes me further and further to use Linux more :-)

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the i5-13400f (13th gen Raptor Lake) MSI Tomahawk Z790 WIFI DDR5 and I do not have any game instability. In fact, out of my several hundred I have played since I built it in December, the only issues I have -and have been widely reported on forums- is with Robocop or Delivers Us Mars or Deliver us the Moon.
Funnily enough, these are all UE# errors to do with DLSS and FG and that’s all that users report back with. Using Intel or AMD FSR is the only known workaround for RTX 30 or 40 series GPUs that have this problem. The devs clearly like to live in their own wee world on Discord and therefore don’t venture out much to see how the real world is coping with their junk coding…

as usual, this ‘broad spectrum encompassing the whole world via YouTube’ is annoying as fuck! If you were to believe the news these days it would be something like “half the world is an ‘it,them,us, bender” and 90% of the planet eats plants!
I suspect issues with peoples lack of skill building PCs and having not done enough research into appropriate PSUs/heatsinks or buying dodgy uncertified South Korean (OEM) CPUs is more the issue.

Btw the warranty on my registered ‘Genuine Intel’ 13400f is 2027 so I ain’t bothered.

I honestly take such claims as massive social media overhype. If so there would be a worldwide recall -just like what happens to cars.

I’m a gamer and nothing else. So if it all plays hunky dory, that’s all I give a shit about. The rest of the world can go fuck itself!
If I ever find myself in a situation when I need to do some searching, I’ll do that. But honestly reading/listening to crap like this everyday just shortens your already shortened life!

Go buy a Mac and get away from Windows if you’re not a gamer -none of this is new ever since Win XP needed you to activate…. Rolling Eyes
Or go switch to Linux. You don’t need to fund a guys YouTube account to know that, or do you….I wonder about people sometimes.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "user protection" driver actually can make sense. If malware can overwrite the choice programmatically that can be bad and you can still change your default manually.

I'm a bit more annoyed by the whole upgrade thing. Windows is indeed a bad deal and it's gettng worse all the time.

But gaming on Linux is still a pain in the ass. And I mostly game at home on my rig.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in their sane mind uses Windows 11 voluntarily?
lol
If you support a company that releases shite, you need to live with the consequences.
I am still happy with Windows 10.
I pirated a few Linux games to see how they work and they do.
They are not as advanced as Windows - Linux is just starting as a gaming platform - so don't expect miracles.
However, slowly but surely, it is coming.
Seems to me that if Microsoft screws up Windows 12, a lot of people will switch to Linux. I know I am happy to trade in a few FPSs to be free of the Microsoft regime.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is, due to security issues, companies won’t switch to Linux -open source. You realise that you won’t get any insurance or protection if you’re running business accounts and handling GDPR, plus software is made to run on windows and that’s part of the security package. If data gets compromised and your business is Linux. Good luck getting out of a mother of all lawsuits…
Plus of course, staff are all trained on Windows products.

As for switching to Linux for gaming, never in a million years! It’s been ‘coming along’ for decades. Roughly 2% of gamers use Linux and the biggest of those will be with a Steam Deck.

People that hack and modify their OS and apps are the ones screaming murder. If your bank account got compromised because you used third party unsafe apps (on your pc) that they themselves got hacked, you would be going mental!

My personal reading into this approach from MS is because we have a generation of illiterate idiots, that need ‘baby sat’. It’s the thickest generation EVER. No contest.

They lack knowledge, experience or natural awareness of how dangerous they are around software and PCs.
They are incapable of building PCs anymore and they are naturally lazy. Instead they spend a fortune and BUY them with a name ‘Alienware’ etc. with the shoddiest internals going due to mass assembly, cutting corners and austerity
Then their limit of upgrading consists of sticking a GPU in it and call it ‘upgrading’. Then it crashes because the cheap PSU can’t run the card and then they’re on the forums calling the game ‘utter shite’, when it’s them……they don’t need vscanner either as it ‘costs money’ or ‘slows my pc down’, yeah like fuck security and gaming mode or just turn it off while playing.

So it’s like “fuck you”. Sick to the back teeth of idiots complaining about this and that when they’ve hacked the tits off the OS and it’s full of mealworms,malworms and everybody contact details fucked!

Blame them. They are the problem of why we have so much hacking, breaches etc. incapable of protecting data, giving their data to everything out there for a free gun skin in CoD!! All because of believing everything on their phones is real and safe…

But if you’re using an office based PC or Laptop, then it’s default anyway and you can’t change it.
I like my security to stay the way it is and prefer to forget there’s a human race outside my door….. Rolling Eyes

What is it with the dumbest people around that no longer take pride in their PCs or learn how they fucking work!
Instead it’s all cut corners to get free this or steal that.

Going back 30 odd years you built a pc, got a virus scanner - yeah even then and made damn sure your router (or modem) was strong password protected, updated firmware etc.

Now it’s ‘just a PC’ entitled little shits that fuck it up for everyone else.
Shareware, floppies and physical copies.

Yeah, I blame it all on them and their shit parents
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize there are a lot more Linux servers out there than Windows, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: