Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PS3 Hardware Impressions [22413]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: PS3 Hardware Impressions [22413] Reply with quote

The chaps over at the unofficial Playstation magazine

PSM have gotten their hands on one of the first Playstation 3 retail ed period of time. Here's a bit:

1) It's quiet like a sleeping baby. A barely audible hum. With the TV on you simply can't hear it at all.
2) It's heavy like a planet. No, really.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe my future gaming will be on ps3...wooT!
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, after all your 360 proclaiming....

Although i must say it's hard to know when your just shitting on PC.

PS. I wonder if the editor who said she won't be buying one has changed her mind.
Safer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure as hell would change my mind if I needed to - just look at it how shiny and smooth it is...

There are few people who can resist something so shiny and smoth!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, if I was gonna get a Xbox 360 only don't you think I would have bought one already? Geeez. I am waiting to see what a PS3 is gonna be like before I commit. What's the rush I can play one right now literally anytime I want? Hell, there is a good chance I'll buy both systems and still save money compared to a PC. Cripes sakes, a video card for a PC is the cost of an Xbox 360... roflmao! Can't wait for PS3... From what I have heard and read recently it's gonna give Xbox a real run for it's money.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video made me drool, even though it didn't show any gameplay footage or anything spectacular, it still made me drool.
Must... buy... PS3! gwahaha.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats so amazing about it? looks just like a psp.. that was new almost 2 years ago...
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL safer! Its true, but its ok, its just like a mac. It sounds great..then you find out there is little 3rd party software support and even less stores that carry anything for a mac.

But hey, communism sounds great too. haha

But seriously, my dad will probably end up getting it so he can play his Madden and Nascar. And I will probably pick out a few games for it, and just wait for everything to price drop.

BTW, if you have an oppurtunity to pick up a Dreamcast, you should! Unless you alreayd have one. So many great CHEAP games for it. Last two nights, me and my friends couldn't stop ourselves from playing 3 hours of Tennis 2k2! Soooo good!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I did breifly own a Mac. And it was shiny - but not shiny enough so I gave it a way to a friend of mine who seems to enjoy his blockbuster abilities to... do tings associated to Appel(?).

I didn't know what to do with it - it was shiny and so but... bot enough...

Yet I enjoyed the OSX interface. Smile
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a macbook for about 2 weeks before returning it. I mostly returned it because it didn't have a video card. I already own a S460 notebook from Sony, and that is the same size, a little lighter, and has a real video card. And oh yeah, runs something that can play games. The macbook quickly went from being my favorite new thing to being something extra I had to carry around all the time with my sony to get the best of both worlds. When all the mac was, was a compromise, and a bunch of work arounds. I mostly wanted it because I use some dj software that is supposed to run better on it. ~shrugs~ It seemed to run it just about the same as my vaio. It seems like to me the whole apple thing (ipod aside) is just a bunch of empty advertising (and to an extent, the ipod is too). And whenever I went into the store it was like a bunch of cultists trying to get people to convert with their smiles and fancy colors. My biggest gripe with the macbook is the fact that I have to use so many different short cuts keys to get between programs and windows. It was really annoying since I am using shortcut keys all the time like alt-tab and ctrl-tab. Where in mac you have you cmd-tab, ctrl-tab, and cmd- ~ if I recall correctly. It was annoying since in windows its either one or the other. But I do got to say that OS X is shiny, and a neat operating system, but I didn't like how I couldn't open up a window to the full size of my screen without having the bottom popup stuff come up. Widgets are nice, but they can be found for windows. Double finger scrolling is a much welcomed thing to windows laptops (if it ever happens, which is should).

When it came to software, I had such an easter egg hunt looking for stuff, it just became compromise after compromise, as I said. Installing programs the way you do on a mac is kewl, but it takes away a lot of configuration options and possibilities for creating your own personal work arounds when programs are being stupid.

Yeah, when people realize that a 12" powerbook isn't still worth over a 1000$ I will probably pick it up for my Serato Software. As it is supposed to be rock solid on that, versus the macbook. So, who knows. If I wanted a hassle, I would just install linux on all of my systems and call it a day. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: