Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel Core i9-9900K Re-Reviewed, 95-Watt TDP Results [46875

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Intel Core i9-9900K Re-Reviewed, 95-Watt TDP Results [46875 Reply with quote

Believing that Intel is uot;cheating their own spec and pushing board partners to run the i9-9900K at the default clock multiplier table, rather than at the official power spec,uot; Hardware Unboxed has re-tested the CPU and published benchmarks of how well Intel's flagship performs at a lower TDP. Word is: uot;A

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Word is: "As we just saw with the 95-watt limit, it's barely any faster than the Ryzen 7 2700X. In fact, in some tests it's slower, and that's an awful result for a CPU that costs ~70% more.

I thought we all knew that. Been saying that all along.
Intel was good at one thing and one thing only in the CPU game: delivering gradually faster CPUs (even through speeds were artificially limited all along) and put more Lx cache on them.
They stopped at the 4790K. Nothing happened since then. Just more core (that very few people need), a few hundred more MHz as the result of somewhat improved manufacturing process, but that's it.
They hit the limit as there was no innovation at Intel anymore because they got lazy.
AMD will beat them in their game now.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just a silly benchmark. i7 9700 is better than ryzen 2700x and has 95W tdp.

want to compare i9 9900, compare it with threadripper with both at 95W.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: