Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Mafia 2 Gets PhysX, 3D Vision Support [29017]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Mafia 2 Gets PhysX, 3D Vision Support [29017] Reply with quote

2K Games today announced that all three versions of Mafia
II - PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 - will
use NVIDIA\'s PhysX physics technology with the PC version getting a
\'thorough integration\' of PhysX plus some APEX clothing and particle
effects. In addition, Mafia II PC will support NVIDIA\'s 3D

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
doodah

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The REAL headline:
Mafia 2 Physics Unsupported on 50% of Graphics Cards
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvidia owns more than 50% of the video card market. ATI a distant 30% furthermore if you look at Steams most recent survey 61% of people use Nvidia as opposed to 30% using ATI. So doodah, you are wrong. It would be more like 70+% use Nvidia. It's more like, if you are using ATI you are up the fucking creek. Even more so if I am right that Nvidia disabled the ability for ATI to pony off a Nvidia card for PhysX too! C'mon people, before you shoot off your mouthes at least know wtf you are talking about. Or do you all have some personal quest to make a total jack asses out of yourselves.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom its you been the jackass.

And ~50+% isn't such a bad estimate on all the number of dx9+ supported gfx cards... that don't support physix. Do consider nvidia's own pre-8series dx9 cards aswel.

Not that anyone with a old/slow gpu might consider mafia2 but usage of propriety API's like physix sucks especially if you an ATI user with a more than decent gpu. And as for those fucking tards at Nvidia disabling Physix support when you have both an nvidia card and ati one in a system.. what sort of fucking dumb jack ass move is that... that's basically a fuck you customer....something nvidia is very good at doing.. aswel as crippling hardware and drivers to make a new professional market out of the same gaming market gpu's only at higher rip off prices.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvidia support is 10x better than the shit ATI calls support. Only an ignorant ass would try to say otherwise. WTF should Nvidia allow ATI to piggyback off their hardware? Please... maybe ATI should really get into the game, rather than just saying it and throwing nice looking chicks on their cards.. Rolling Eyes I'm not gonna bang heads with you Koogle on popularity vs ATI because anyone worth their salt knows Nvidia outsells and has a much bigger foothold in the PC gaming environment. To me it's no surprise Mafia 2 will support PhysX and I'm happy about it.
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Tom wrote:
Nvidia support is 10x better than the shit ATI calls support. Only an ignorant ass would try to say otherwise.

100% true.

Nvidia support is not what it used to be, there drivers ain't all good these days. Yes they may hold a bigger share but to be honest I couldn't give a flying fig about PhysX, it's not all that noticeable when you are playing a game anyway so I will just pay £100 less and buy an equivalent ATI gpu without PhysX.
doodah

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero problems here with my 5870, other than publishers locking me out of using in game physics. It even works great under Linux for me, which is a far cry from the ATI drivers of old.

It drives me mad that there are cross card solutions for physics, yet everyone appears to lap up Phy$X (yeah I went there!).

What problems have ATI had recently? Last major problem I recall was nVidia frying cards due to a bad driver..
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said ATI support was great, of course neither is Nvidia in the bigger picture of things. 10x better is way, way off course.

"It drives me mad that there are cross card solutions for physics, yet everyone appears to lap up Phy$X (yeah I went there!). "

exactly, and I support those who are mad about it. Obviously Nvidia will try to use advantage as long as possible. I just hope developers stop being lazy and do the better thing for everyone.

Ain't no reason to be pro nvidia or ati these days, its pro which ever is best value for features/performance/driver support(games/apps/media you intend to use) at the time of buying etc

Anyway as far as mafia2 goes the physix support is just an added extra, more important is how the game actually turns out to be regardless of physix. I hope it turns out well tbh
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Nvidia support is 10x better than the shit ATI calls support. Only an ignorant ass would try to say otherwise. WTF should Nvidia allow ATI to piggyback off their hardware? Please... maybe ATI should really get into the game, rather than just saying it and throwing nice looking chicks on their cards.. Rolling Eyes I'm not gonna bang heads with you Koogle on popularity vs ATI because anyone worth their salt knows Nvidia outsells and has a much bigger foothold in the PC gaming environment. To me it's no surprise Mafia 2 will support PhysX and I'm happy about it.

I didn't expect anythig better from you. No surprises here. Still, I like to talk with links and examples, so here's your assrape.

First of allow me to remind you that Nvidia was responsible for 30% of Vista Crashes back in 2007, NOT ATI.
http://www.google.gr/#hl=el&source=hp&q=nvidia+responsible+vista+crashes&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3f698bcc0ca4ff95

Then we have the 196.75 driver issue.
http://www.google.gr/webhp?hl=el#hl=el&source=hp&q=nvidia+196.75+stops+fan&btnG=%CE%91%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%AE%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7+Google&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=nvidia+196.75+stops+fan&gs_rfai=&fp=3f698bcc0ca4ff95

Hahahaha, since when drivers stop the graphics card's fan and damage it? Thank you sooo much Nvidia.

So Nvidia has better driver support? Seriously?

Just so you know, I am using two 5850s since the day they were launched and they work perfectly. Crossfire support is instantly there for games like Metro 2033, Bad Company 2, Just Cause 2, despite's Nvidia foothold in the developers wallets.

The sad thing, is that there are thousands of stupid kids out there, that see one more checkbox and pay for that. Because that's what PhysX is. A checkbox that brings 50% performance hit, just to show some smoke floating around.

I'd like to see PhysX having some impact on the gameplay. Like Cellfactor did. Speaking of which, this is a Cellfactor video I made on my 5850+Core i7 860.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlnGyF5Igk

This is more physics than you will ever see on a PissX game pal and it runs solely on the cpu. It can be done if they want to, but Nvidia decided it is more profitable to steal money from dumbfucks like yourself, to show some asswipe papers floating around in Mirror's Edge. Oh, btw, the other levels of Cellfactor, the hardware accelerated ones, DO NOT RUN on Geforces, LOL. I know because I had a GTX 260. That has something to show about Ageia's accelerator compared to Nvidia's enforced PissX. Seriously people, how shortsighted are you anyway?

As for the foohold on the market, ATI has been shipping DX11 cards six months before Nvidia and they have already shipped 6.000.000 Evergreens already.
http://www.google.gr/webhp?hl=el#hl=el&source=hp&q=ati+ships+six+million&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3f698bcc0ca4ff95

Now do me a favor and YOU do your research before posting craptastic fucktardness.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: