Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 [16575]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptStar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I know xxxx in real life, Im an actual person. I only have 1 account. So you better shut up Stumpass.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone can go around and find "a" area with bump mapping, it's already been said i was wrong about bump mapping in the maps. but just because there is bump mapping in the maps doesn't mean the whole map was bump mapped cuz it wasn't. all you guys do is beat around the bush and avoid the obvious issues in the game. or you can be a complete moron like Stumpass who doesn't even own the game and has arguements with people in a Doom 3 review. a real jerkoff. you guys enjoy doom3, i'm waiting for a real quality title, not some half assed piece of junk that has added ZERO to gaming. kinda like stumpass life. a big ZERO.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptStar wrote:
Actually, I know xxxx in real life, Im an actual person. I only have 1 account. So you better shut up Stumpass.

be careful there CaptStar, he might beat you up over your internet connection. but don't u just love the little immature tough guy on a keyboard. he reminds me of some of the little immature kid in CS on voice.
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for rememberance:

heretic wrote:
PLEASE RESPECT THE FORUM RULES!
Quote:

2. No verbal violence, flaming (beginning a fight) or "dirty-talk" is allowed: no swearing or using sexual loaded words.

3. No harassing. Be nice, people. Any postings or chat questions including personal attacks or threatening, violent, sexual or downright mean comments-including using the word "duh" or calling somebody stupid-will be deleted immediately.

8. Stay on topic. Blabbing about stuff that doesn't relate to the article wastes space and time
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did i tell you? As per usual XXXX talks to his alter ego.

Now there's something that's worrying!! CaptBra said he's a real person!!!! Shocked That's scary when XXXXs alter ego starts manifesting it's self into a form Shocked Shocked

Even more worrying how XXXX plays with KIDS in the ultimate cheating game of all time, CS. But then that's his limit in inteligence eh xxxx?

NEVER played that rubbish in my entire life, i don't need a pump to my ego like you do. Of course, that's the beauty of the net, you can go through and tell the wife how MARVELLOUS you are because you thrashed a whole load of skiving SKOOL kids at CS, who 'CRANT SPEEL' to save themselves and XXXX tells them that he's 9years old when they say they are 10years old eh?

XXXX ='carrot /donkey' = GULLABLE!!!!

LOL amazing how clueless you realy are, it's soooooo simple to string you along. Barking like a tiny poodle around everyones ankles wanting attention.
WOOF! Everyone listen to the poor small doggie who wants attention. As long as *****ANYONE****** AGREES with you -regardless what you say, your HAPPY! As soon as anyone points out something you don't understand, you go all on the defensive and start swearing at them because it's the only way you know to express yourself eh?

Listen xxxx, you don't own a LIFE never mind a game! I KNOW MORE ABOUT DOOM3 and it's hardware than you EVER know!! Listen to the Pointless person that STARTS AN argument on a forum about BUMP MAPPING and he's got an ANCIENT 9600!!!!! Helps if you kind of *understand* the technical aspects AND have at least a card that can cut the mustard.....Oh xxxx i can shoot you down forever, you make it soooooooooo easy fool .

Thinks of the old saying 'give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves' or 'Give them a shovel and they'll dig their own pit'.
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilderWein wrote:
Just for rememberance:

heretic wrote:
PLEASE RESPECT THE FORUM RULES!
Quote:

2. No verbal violence, flaming (beginning a fight) or "dirty-talk" is allowed: no swearing or using sexual loaded words.

3. No harassing. Be nice, people. Any postings or chat questions including personal attacks or threatening, violent, sexual or downright mean comments-including using the word "duh" or calling somebody stupid-will be deleted immediately.

8. Stay on topic. Blabbing about stuff that doesn't relate to the article wastes space and time

Dude, from what i've been reading, that's enough to get half a dozen people here banned ten times over from this one single thread! =P

Chill guys, don't make me take out the firehose XD
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
you guys enjoy doom3, i'm waiting for a real quality title, not some half assed piece of junk that has added ZERO to gaming.

hahaha... this is akin to saying "you guys be happy now, im saving my happiness for hl2". I've got news for you xxxx, the people who are enjoying this now, can STILL enjoy hl2. enjoyment isn't something you can just use up like that

oh yeah, and you're still wrong
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and ur still a loser. so we're even. boy, very mature conversation with you all the time lucas.

as for stumpass, someone here had a great idea, why don't you go on the Jerry Springer show? we all feel you'd bring up his ratings and maybe take lucas on with ya!

umm, lucas, an actual english translation of that for you, because obviously you don't comprehend english that well.

Translation just for Lucas.
You guys enjoy Doom3, the game is cheap and not addictive, the textures suck, the gameplay is repetitive and boring and an embarassment to the doom trilogy. as for myself, i'll finish doom3 as i said countless times but in the end i'm waiting for something that the majority of real gamers are waiting for, HL2, a better game with lots more money and interest and community ideas thrown in. for those that are still disillusioned by the doom 3 farce they want to brainwash themselves in as a quality title, stick with playing it while the rest move on. eventually the light of 'reality' will shine on you and you will follow the rest of the real gamers and go pick up a quality title likely HL2 and never go back to the carmack offshoot. as for stumpus, he'll probably continue saving his paperroute money and eventually get HL2, but rest assured he'll be on here mouthing off again without actually playing it.
MrSmee
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
doctored pics

That's right, instead of just admitting that maybe, MAYBE you were wrong, you just say the evidence is made up. Are you sure you don't live in the United States? Maybe you work for the Bush Administration.

Quote:
OVERHYPED rich clepto kid who's gone beyond his time. This game is a 7/10 and to be honest, it should be lower. Anyone that thinks this game is worth a 8+ is not a gamer in my book and nor have you done a service for the gaming community or people in general.

Which is why every time id software releases a product, it revolutionizes graphics as we know it. It doesn't matter to me whether you think using a flashlight for 99% of the game is stupid or you think the story is boring, JUST LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS. Doom 3 may be nothing more than a technology showcase with a thinly-veiled game wrapped around it, but you would have to be foolish not to agree that it is the best-looking computer game released to date.

Quote:
Mr 2posts

What does my post count have to do with anything? I first stumbled upon gameguru about five years ago, and it's been my homepage ever since. I used to comment here all the time, until HX made everyone register. Sorry I haven't posted 400 times to show my commitment to the Gameguru forums, but maybe I've had some other things to do instead?

Quote:
UT2K4 is 10x the game that this imposter of a game they called Doom is

They are completely different games and you know it. I was comparing the graphics.

Quote:
also, try turning your settings up cuz my screens look 10x better.

Look at the URL's, buddy. They're from gamespot.

Quote:
1st pic, i know the map and the settings in his game are certainly not optimized, pic 2 however looks pretty decent.

The first pic is UT2004, the second pic is Doom 3.

Will you just admit that the graphics are the best seen in a game so far??? Even if you don't like Doom 3 or John Carmack for whatever reason, you should be kissing the ground he walks on for raising the bar, yet again!
CaptStar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Smee, shut up. xxxx is Canadian. I dont know why you guys cant get it into your stupid small brains, but there is bump mapping on the player and enemy models and the weapon models, but none on the floors or walls. Read that carefully, and maybe you morons will understand.
MrSmee
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptStar:

No, really? That's why it says "Location: Canada" under his name, right? That's why I said that maybe he was confused and actually lives in the United States. It was a joke, one you obviously didn't get.

I'll help you out though: You see, the Bush administration likes to lie, a lot. They also try to confuse the debate by bringing up non-issues and then accusing everyone who disagrees with their stance of lying or being a terrorist.

There is bump-mapping on the wall textures, and it's been proven over and over again in this thread. It's not my fault you're too stubborn to just admit your mistake.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what is updated in the game, looks nice Mrsmee(yes, I admit it and have all along). But anyone can write a piece of junk game and throw modern algorithms in the game(and sorry some of the stuff carmack has done has been done already), does that deem it a good game? No. A game is not simply judged on graphics, it's judged on the 'whole' package. Doom 3 has nice models, nice bump mapping on 'some things' and other than that what else is there? 9/10? 8.5/10? gimme a break. So what about Painkiller, or FC, or UT2k4, shouldn't these games be rated 10/10 if you follow the logic of these reviews(no not talking about you Hx, i'm talking in general). You explain the logic to me Mrsmee. So throw in some modern tech and mark it high and ignore the fact Doom 3 has a crap story, predictable gameplay, zero AI and a bunch of 1980's textures mixed in? Ya that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for costing me $70 for a few new pieces of eye candy and a short lived game. Meanwhile rate other games lower that also have amazing graphics like Painkiller and FC and UT2k4 and in the most part a better story(not ut2k4)? Graphics are less than 50% of the game and should be as such in a review. A game is made up of many things, not just graphics. This game has nothing but unwarranted biased reviews and is a mediocre game with some nice graphics. Next time everyone should quit being so god damn lazy and read an entire thread before analysing one post and basing their whole reply on that one post. Had there not been the stupid asses like Stumpass and Lucas who ALWAYS cause problems here who cant accept other peoples opinions constructively, this thread would have been half the size. 7/10 is not a insulting score, it's a gratuitous score for a mediocre game with some newer modern graphics. It's not a keeper and it wont be a keeper like it's predecessors.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrSmee wrote:
CaptStar:

No, really? That's why it says "Location: Canada" under his name, right? That's why I said that maybe he was confused and actually lives in the United States. It was a joke, one you obviously didn't get.

I'll help you out though: You see, the Bush administration likes to lie, a lot. They also try to confuse the debate by bringing up non-issues and then accusing everyone who disagrees with their stance of lying or being a terrorist.

There is bump-mapping on the wall textures, and it's been proven over and over again in this thread. It's not my fault you're too stubborn to just admit your mistake.

bump mapping on the walls is insufficient and still results in it looking like shit up close. so whats the point? we stay 15 - 20 ft away from the walls for better viewing pleasure. very advanced.
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
Had there not been the stupid asses like Stumpass and Lucas who ALWAYS cause problems here who cant accept other peoples opinions constructively, this thread would have been half the size.

golden quote there. go back and have a look bud. i posted maybe 2-3 time in the first 7-8 pages of this thread whereas your posts make up nearly have the thread in total.

oh yeah, and your still wrong
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
very mature conversation with you all the time lucas.

Translation just for Lucas.
You guys enjoy Doom3, the game is cheap and not addictive, the textures suck, the gameplay is repetitive and boring and an embarassment to the doom trilogy. as for myself, i'll finish doom3 as i said countless times but in the end i'm waiting for something that the majority of real gamers are waiting for, HL2, a better game with lots more money and interest and community ideas thrown in. for those that are still disillusioned by the doom 3 farce they want to brainwash themselves in as a quality title, stick with playing it while the rest move on. eventually the light of 'reality' will shine on you and you will follow the rest of the real gamers and go pick up a quality title likely HL2 and never go back to the carmack offshoot. as for stumpus, he'll probably continue saving his paperroute money and eventually get HL2, but rest assured he'll be on here mouthing off again without actually playing it.

LOL there's sparks coming out of xxxx ears now! He's slowly popping his fuses ROFL!! Take the above post "very mature conversation with you all the time lucas." then his evel nemesis appears on his other shoulder and quotes; "umm, lucas, an actual english translation of that for you, because obviously you don't comprehend english that well."

What the HELL kind of reply is that!!! Shocked Shocked

XXXX are you homeless or something? Or strapped to your PC?? Web page stuck? DO YOU DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHASE UP people here because they have a differing opinion to you.....Quote"for stumpus, he'll probably continue saving his paperroute money and eventually get HL2" Oh that's splitting my sides....is that it? Is that the limit of a *WITTY* reply from you. Of course i'm getting HL2, so are MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooops penny dropped now? It's no longer funny eh?

YES you've posted here just about every other post! You can't even aknowledge that me and plenty others weren't even HERE YESTERDAY. I go away and there's 3 pages added on to it, the MAJORITY all yours!!!

HX great review! Pitty you've got a paranoid stalker on the forums that MUST BE 100% correct over everyone else at all times inc yourself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: