Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 [16575]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpmapping advanced? pft my old Matrox g400 had Envronment Mapped BumpMapping - and that was DX7 technology. Bumpmapping is a ressource hog and just makes things look fake and shiny. they should go with Normal maps instead.

but neways, is it healthy to care so much about a single game with little or no multiplayer support?
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hx, what games outside of Wolfenstein are being done with Doom 3?

also, as for the patch does it fix peoples crashing, so far I know about a dozen people all with different hardware and processors the game either freezes with a black screen or the whole computer crap out.

@Stumpus, as Lucaus your pointless existance here baffles me. I believe you are the same person and personally i don't care for anything you have to say. I didn't read your latest post here and i don't plan to waste my time. you figure out your mental problems on your own because frankly, i got better things to do than knock heads with a 10year such as yourself. u and lucas are just not worth the waste of breath anymore, so say as you wish just i wont bother to respond from this point forward. eventually like a fly, you'll leave. oh and sorry, there was never a time i got mad. thanks and continue making your own intrepretations..god you are so boring in your responses i cant even get laughs from people anymore..
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Quote:

but neways, is it healthy to care so much about a single game with little or no multiplayer support?

- The first Doom3 patch is reasonably close to being done. It will not fix any connectivity issues but rather Multiplayer exploits.
- Games are being made using the Doom3 engine that support twenty-four players.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=16606

yea but games being made with the doom3 engine isnt doom3 anymore.
MrSmee
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXXX:

Quake 4 is also being made with the Doom engine.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction, quake 4 is the doom engine! really is too bad that all Carmack can do is brain dead shooters. Shocked

p.s. i don't know this for a fact, but a developer told me, or rather laughed at me and said, "doom 3 is quake 4, just carmack is putting more crap in it. there is no new revolutionary engine coming from carmack(he's making rendering changes from what he learned in doom3) so don't expect anything huge, let the media sites make it huge. they're good at blowing everything out of proportion."
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@El_Coyote

http://www.monitorstudios.com/bcloward/tutorials_normal_maps5.html

Is normal mapping the mostly blue RGB texture of the face? If you unzipped the pk4 files of Doom3, try searching for files with the word "local" in the name =) I noticed each regular texture also has a specular map (for highlights or shiny-ness), a heightmap (for bumpmapping), and a "local" map (For normal mapping), as well as several more (up to 10 other files).

Actually, i didn't know what the blue textures were for 'til you brought up normal mapping and i looked it up to find out what it is. Interesting read, i'm learning a lot here ^_^
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:

@Stumpus, as Lucaus your pointless existance here baffles me.

Ditto

Quote:
I believe you are the same person

Paranoia AGAIN

Quote:
you figure out your mental problems on your own.

Correction, YOUR the one with mental defects. Back to the 'kettle,pot,black' scenario are we?

Quote:
eventually like a fly, you'll leave. oh and sorry, there was never a time i got mad. thanks and continue making your own intrepretations..god you are so boring in your responses i cant even get laughs from people anymore..

Yes i am totaly exhausted hammering away at your thick skull trying to find any common sense, I leave with dignity, you.....? Well your like the fat turd stuck in the toilet that NO ONE can flush and wish WOULD.

I'm so boring with my responses????? That's because you can't understand them, or from anyone HERE! If you would, the penny would have dropped ages ago. Your empty,boring and couldn't hold a witty conversation if it was to save your life!! Instead your incoherent replies consist of several words that keep being repeated like a broken record and are filled with nothing but anal language to anyone with more intellect than yourself -which isn't hard.. Your full of bull... what's this "I know this for a fact" statements? Your unreal, i bet you spend hours loving yourself in the mirror! Rolling Eyes

YOU CAN'T GET LAUGHS!!! ROFL Why do you think you can't? Cause we're ***ALL LAUGHING AT YOU*** Of course you can't see that because your looking at yourself in the mirror whilst you type eh?

bye,bye narcissistic boy.
antistar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: unbelievable Reply with quote

Most of you people are retards here, am I right? Otherwise I would see civilised comments only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: