Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

omfg a category for doom3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: omfg a category for doom3 Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA! gimme a fUkn break. i seen it, i played it. OVERRATED. now i anxiously await Hx review.. this should be good. DON'T forget to include the incredible poor res wall textures Hx...or how he uses darkness to hide it all. sad sad engine in my mind. in ut2k4 i can max everything and makes doom3 look like it was written 5 years ago. ZERO bump mapping, there are a few cool creatures, dumb as a rock AI(yes, worse than farcry, but in doom3 they have an excuse, they are already dead), excellent sound(nothing ground breaking, just noisy), serious bad textures(picture quake2 or dukenukem) and non-imaginative story(think of a cut down HL1 intro). those that are just brainwashed that doom was the best thing to hit gaming, well, god help you. this game will make it on it's name only. i bought it mostly cuz wife was gonna play it and because i want to justify my beliefs and glad i was 100% right. for diehard doom fans, they'll likely get sucked in. those looking for a game with good sound and like shooting in the dark, you'll like the game. those looking for new tech type graphics, bump mapping, great AI, revolutionary graphics etc.. look elsewhere. i classify this as a runner up for System Shock and i'm almost convinced someone from the original System Shock worked with these guys for environment.
Danailhorb
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The knowledge that I gained from your very wonderful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> DOOM / QUAKE All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: