Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Empires : Dawn of the Modern World, no review?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Empires : Dawn of the Modern World, no review? Reply with quote

HX? Are you behind or something? Hahahaha! Where's the review for this game!!?

Actually I've been trying to acquire this game based on a German friend I have that has been addicted to this game. I tried it out, gulp, I'm addicted. Haven't played Civ 4 in 2 days!! Oh noos! Man it's a lot of fun, the graphics are not that bad and it really is a lot different than the other RTS games out there. Nothing like setting your population limit to 80,000! You go from Medievil - WW2 in ages. You don't really go crazy building things. Anyhow, things I like.

- running 1600x1200 works flawlessly
- water is very impressive, fog of war is also done really well, landscapes are cool overall
- airplanes and bombers are cool
- vehicles in general are coool
- Maps have quite a good variety, from islands, to continents
- Maybe not a huge amount of races, 5 I think, but still enough change amongst them to make for interesting games
- AI is pretty smart even at dumb levels and keeps the game interesting as they occasionally attack your city and cause enough problems.
- The computer pretty well upgrades at the same rate as you so soon you have bombers taking out vital areas of your cities and you need flak guns to keep them at bay.

Anyhow, if you haven't tried it I suggest giving it a shot. It's a very nicely made game. Too bad it wasn't in stores and I had to succomb to getting it in a different way..
eggbloke
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hav installed empires dawn of the modern world but it it fuzzy and when i go on a campaign it exits the program do u know what is wrong with it? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: