Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

I thought this GPU mod was going to be pointless... [53800
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are doing fine. Most Slovaks can't afford to do what you are doing. World is going into recession and you are helping (nothing against you) by being an accomplice.
Once (if ever) GPU mining is over, all these GPU companies are going to backpedal. (nothing to do with recession)
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I think you are doing fine. Most Slovaks can't afford to do what you are doing. World is going into recession and you are helping (nothing against you) by being an accomplice.
Once (if ever) GPU mining is over, all these GPU companies are going to backpedal. (nothing to do with recession)

I can't complain. I understand that with accepting these terms of the manufacturers I just keep fueling that twisted machine, which it became in the past year, but it wasn't really a question of money for me, rather a question of staying sane, as I haven't been gaming since beginning of this year. I wouldn't be able to hold on for another year or god knows how long.

nVidia has also already announced that the GPU shortage is most likely going to last for another year, whole 2022. Can't blame them I guess, if I was one of their shareholders, I would want them to maximize profit too.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/19/22632047/nvidia-gpu-supply-rtx-30-series-constraints-2022
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortage will last as long as Eth can be mined with GPU and price stays high. After that, it will be 2017 all over again on used GPU market but 10 times worse for nvidia. Then the shortages and price of raw materials will suddenly be in the past, prices will (depends on the amount of USD printed and handed out) stabilize.

PS. 1070Ti is still good for me, but I understand why you did what you did.

PPS. To clarify, in 2016/7 (or maybe it was 2017/8, I can't remember precisely) people were buying used rx580 8gb (usually XFX) for under a 100 eur while they were over 280 eur (even over 300) in stores still.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any 10th Series nVidia GPU is perfect to have in this situation. No reason to be upgrading. If I was in your shoes I would hold on to it too, it was just that I didn't have any GPU ;D

I really have high hopes from Intel entering the GPU battleground. That was due long time ago and I wish Intel all the best, hope they will fuck both nVidia and AMD over and put them out of business. Seems that the timing is good for them, especially if the shortage should end around mid 2022.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's right timing for them because people are desperate for GPUs and Intel WILL overcharge them too!
They are a company out to make money not friends Smile

but let's hope you are right and not me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: