Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Playing Valorant on Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 [53719]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Playing Valorant on Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 [53719] Reply with quote

Riot Games' FTP competitive multi-player shooter Valorant has incorporated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and Secure Boot into its Vanguard Anti-Cheat game security software. This was confirmed by @AntiCheatPD on Twitter who had posted screenshots of users' systems that were unable to run the game on Windows 11.
Va

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
I'm glad I don't have to swallow Windows 11.

I don't think this anticheat crap is going to last long though.
It will be hacked and cracked like everything else because there is money in it.
Kids offer 20-100 USD for fairly simple hacks in single player games.
I bet there's a lot more money to be had in competitive multiplayer games.
So, the days of this shite are numbered, if you choose to accept all the crap that's Windows 11.

BTW, did you know you can load your debuggers via TPM SecureBoot before the OS starts?
The OS would never even know it's being debugged, lol
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5djxyT_27w

Smile
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win10 was fine for me, I liked the new UI for options (even if it was never completed), but Win11 is just total garbage.

People should pay attention, just like I should have to the description of the Win11.. A lot of Win10 features are not in it. Trust me, the OS is raped. The start/taskbar is complete and utter useless shit.

It's very unlikely they will add the missing options either. Win11 is nothing but a cut down Win10. Who the fuck wants a even more n00b OS... You will downgrade.

I'm back on Win10 fresh install, because they removed the rollback option off.. Naturally to inflate their numbers to promote Win11. A lot of people are exiting the beta as we speak.

Welcome to the new Win ME... Strike 3! for MS. WinME a failure, Vista a failure and now Win11 gets added to the list.

What's hard to believe is the f'ing n00b's fanboys or whatever they are that say they love the changes. FFS, incomprehensible.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has always been a good/bad cycle present with the previous Windows releases. Win 7 good, Win 8 bad, Win 10 good, Win 11 utter shit, don't even have to install it to know that.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right direction, my ass. I'll be damned if I ever allow something like their hyper invasive root kit anti-cheat on my PC. I guess it's time to seriously look into Linux as a gaming platform, too bad it's still so damned limited.

Guess it's lucky I hate Valorant anyway.

Oh well... maybe it's time to at least dual boot separate Windows instances and keep one sanitized one just for gaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: