Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Bungie & Ubisoft Sue Destiny 2 Cheatmakers Ring-1 [53432]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Bungie & Ubisoft Sue Destiny 2 Cheatmakers Ring-1 [53432] Reply with quote

by targeting individuals believed to be involved in the development and distribution of cheats for Destiny 2 and Rainbow Six Seige. Filed in a California district court, the lawsuit targets Andrew Thorpe (aka â??Kryptoâ??), Jonathan Aguedo (aka â??Overpoweredâ??), Wesam Mohammed (aka â??Grizzlyâ??), Ahmad Mohammed, pl

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheats have been around since the first PC games.
Anyone remembers 'poke xxxxxxxx'-like commands?
That's more than 40 years of PC gaming without having any issues with cheating in single-player games.
Cheats in single player games helps people without skills to finish games they paid for (so they actually do get the enjoyment out of the game).

Cheaters in multiplayer games are becoming an issue because:
- games are becoming competitive rather than cooperative, especially with eSports,
- there's value in working around the limits, for example, you get to unlock more goodies faster (e.g. achis or lootboxes),
- video game devs are unable to develop decent anti-cheat mechanisms; they either lack the skills or they simply don't want to invest in it.

So, there you have it, those are the root causes for online cheating.
Please note all of these root causes are in control of the video game developer!
As long as these issues exist, there will be people willing to pay for online cheats.

Quote:
As a result, video game developers are taking action against cheat makers and those who distribute cheats, with the aim of restoring fair play and enjoyment for their customers.

"restoring enjoyment" - according to them. Often times, the game design itself prevents enjoyment and you need a cheat to work around it.
Game makers should build single player cheats into the games that can't be used in multiplayer (and autoban players when these are attempted to be used in multiplayer).

For the record, I am not trying to protect online cheat developers or cheaters.
I am merely trying to point out what ridiculous scheme these video game developers are trying to use.
justaquickcomment
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About suing instead of patching cheats out of the game:
Assume i make a cheat, after 3 days you patch it; i just make a new one. This time it takes you a week to patch; good, this one worked better, let's go on this direction. The next time it will take 2 weeks for you to patch it. And so on.
You are just training me to make better cheats and you are forced to find better ways to prevent me doing so, until this escalates in some crap like Denuvo.
This is why you want to stop the people making cheats instead of joining the arms race.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justaquickcomment wrote:
Assume i make a cheat, after 3 days you patch it; i just make a new one. This time it takes you a week to patch; good, this one worked better, let's go on this direction. The next time it will take 2 weeks for you to patch it. And so on.
You are just training me to make better cheats and you are forced to find better ways to prevent me doing so, until this escalates in some crap like Denuvo.
This is why you want to stop the people making cheats instead of joining the arms race.

In the meantime, after the second one got busted - no one will pay you for the third one.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justaquickcomment wrote:

If your anti-cheat design sucks, then yeah, it will be hacked to smithereens in the next release.
Problem is, the schtoopid studios don't build anti-cheat.
They want to take shortcuts to prevent cheats or catch cheaters and ban them.
It's a vast difference from building anti-cheat!
It's like on a Formula 1 race the competitor stolen your design, improved it and now you want to cap the competition's car specs instead of making your own car better.
Just think!
justaquickcomment
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

If your anti-cheat design sucks, then yeah, it will be hacked to smithereens in the next release.
Problem is, the schtoopid studios don't build anti-cheat.
They want to take shortcuts to prevent cheats or catch cheaters and ban them.
It's a vast difference from building anti-cheat!
It's like on a Formula 1 race the competitor stolen your design, improved it and now you want to cap the competition's car specs instead of making your own car better.
Just think!

So ubisoft and bungie aren't using anticheat? Am I the one who needs to think?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justaquickcomment wrote:

So ubisoft and bungie aren't using anticheat? Am I the one who needs to think?

Your definition of anti-cheat is very different from mine.
As I said, catching and banning cheaters is not anti-cheat.
Limiting access to data and self-correcting invalid data are anti-cheat.
So, yes, you are the one that needs to think.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one needs to think. Everything is fine.
Keep shopping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: