Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Graphics cards pricing beginning to decline [53158]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
for that amount of money, it's been available on ebay, still is, it's a new card.

3090 was at ~2500 at one point, and since CPU's are bottle necking most of these cards, 3080 included, you can't really tell how much faster it is.
Since you mentioned ~1000 US$ more, why didn't you go for 3080 then? It's almost a $1000 less...

I guess you're right, where does one draw a line? Well the 3080 is as expensive as the Ti, so why would i buy it then when its 10% slower and I have a full warranty straight from a reliable retailer? Actually buying it off a scalper IS what is wrong with todays gaming, right Tom?

Tom wrote:

You're what's wrong with gaming today.

I was first aiming for the ASUS ROG STRIX 3090, a bit after the shortage started. Originally, before the price spiked, it was 2100€ in November 2020. Afterwards, it started to get listed for crazy prices like 3200€ and 3400€ by retailers. I couldn't really afford that, so settled with the 3080, but couldn't get it anywhere aside scalpers, so decided to hold off, and then the Ti came along, for 2200€. Pretty convenient right? After almost 6 fcking months ...

SABOT's wrote:

That’s cool. I like your style and honesty. Enjoy your gaming mate.
Me it’s films, walking, just going to buy an electric motorbike in the next few weeks, save a fortune in town driving petrol wastage. Plus gaming.

Thanks Smile I hope it makes my point clear why I decided to overpay the GPU when I didn't own a gaming rig for almost 6 months, while I always had one since I was like 11 yo
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess you're right, where does one draw a line? Well the 3080 is as expensive as the Ti, so why would i buy it then when its 10% slower and I have a full warranty straight from a reliable retailer?

Maybe the price is the same on caseking, it's not the same on:
nVidia website
ebay
other black market palces

3080 is ~1200 USD, and 3080Ti is over 2000 USD. Where do you draw the line? I draw it at $500. I will get 3xxx or AMD 6xxx when they get there.

And if you think you got a reliable warranty, think again. If they have no more stock, how will they fulfill the warranty? They can give you money back, maybe...It's not up to them, especially not now.
Ones on the ebay also have warranty, just send them to your nVidia rep office. Or Asus rep office and so on.

keep in mind how bad a move you made. ETH fell from $2700 to $1800 in a day. Your card will be, at your store, less than a 1000 eur in a week.
that 3090 for 2K eur was a steal last year, it was a full year of gaming, sell it a month ago for 3000, get 3080 for a 1000.
Oh yea, you could have also mined over a $1000 with it in a year Wink
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're mixing up MRSPs, ones that have been set long before the shortage and the ones set after. No card manufacturer is selling their 3080 for 1200$ currently, hell not even 1400$. In €, the price is set to around 1800€ for the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080.

If they can't replace it within a few weeks its ok, but they would surely give me my money back, that you can bet on. And yes, it is up to them. Who do you think it would be up to? ASUS, or MSI? LOL ... + Its a German big trusted retailer and I have paid through PP.

Please feel free to let me know in a week, or you know what, make it a month, and send me the link where they are going to sell the 3080 Ti for 1000€ Very Happy Don't be silly xD
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok man, look, I cant talk to you. Imagine if you were of drinking age at least and talking to a 10 year old. That's how this exchange with you feels to me.
You are just way too inexperienced in this field and I just don't have the time for this with you.

You lack basic information.

edit: I mean, "MRSP's" means nothing...at least in the IT world.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now you are questioning the definition of MRSP? Get out of here :DDD

from your point of view, I lack basic information. From my point of view, you just lack facts and twist shit around just as you like it. I guess we can end the discussion here, and dont forget to get back here in a month to show me that 3080 Ti offer for 1000€ :DDD I'll be waiting

edit: I thought that MRSP actually means something in the IT world, and doesn't mean anything in view of capitalistic markets. But well, I guess I know shit ...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSRP is what it is: Manufacturer's recommended price tag.
While it's largely meaningless, it can be used as a guide because it does not change usually.

Peeps, leave KuBr0 alone.
He wanted it, he had the money to do it, so he went and did it.
You already said he paid too much, that he should have waited.
I think he sort of knew that, too but did not want to wait, so, just leave it.
Go AMD or keep drooling over his purchase.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

keep in mind how bad a move you made. ETH fell from $2700 to $1800 in a day. Your card will be, at your store, less than a 1000 eur in a week.
that 3090 for 2K eur was a steal last year, it was a full year of gaming, sell it a month ago for 3000, get 3080 for a 1000.
Oh yea, you could have also mined over a $1000 with it in a year Wink

here we are, a month later, and my RTX 3080 Ti still goes for the same price of 2153€ from one of the biggest retailers in EU:

https://www.caseking.de/detail/index/sArticle/58781

turns out, they were one of the first to receive the new batch of GPUs that came with the price-drop that everyone is talking about right now, weeks later. Pretty dope
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it just postpones my claim a little bit, nothing else.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest retailers are seldom the cheapest, so you made me look.
Seems to me it dropped a lot already, actually:
https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/201397038_-rog-strix-rtx3080ti-o12g-gaming-12gb-asus.html
(switch to year (1J) to see the drop from end of June to 21st of July)
Jacob already sells it for 1990, which is 10%+ drop.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.techspot.com/article/2294-gpu-pricing-2021-update/

KuBr0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
The biggest retailers are seldom the cheapest, so you made me look.
Seems to me it dropped a lot already, actually:
https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/201397038_-rog-strix-rtx3080ti-o12g-gaming-12gb-asus.html
(switch to year (1J) to see the drop from end of June to 21st of July)
Jacob already sells it for 1990, which is 10%+ drop.

It dropped exactly 7,5%, not 10%+ (163€ cheaper than 2153€). Thats literally nothing compared to the drop that gx-x was announcing here a month ago. According to him, now, it just postpones things a bit Very Happy

I don't think that the ROG STRIX 3080 Ti is going to get below 1500€ until they release the 4080 next autumn, but lets wait it out and see ...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, there is an article up there, it tracks how pricing moves. You don't h ave to acknowledge me, but there are real stats in that article up there.

It's not my fault you shop at the most expensive store in Germany.

PS. Screw Asus, average cards, overpriced as hell. MSI Gaming series were always one step above.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
you know, there is an article up there, it tracks how pricing moves. You don't h ave to acknowledge me, but there are real stats in that article up there.

PS. Screw Asus, average cards, overpriced as hell. MSI Gaming series were always one step above.

The prices are still very high here in Czech republic too.

GIGABYTE GTX 1660 OC 6G -~ $560 incl VAT
KuBr0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

Old man with his old news. You are lagging behind pops:

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/90515-graphics-card-prices-no-longer-falling.html

Btw. I thought you abandoned this discussion for good?

FACT - I got my card already with the new price refresh, doesn't matter its 10% more expensive than the lowest offer now. Those who have lowest offers now didn't have stock at the time when I was buying, which was more than a month ago.

Still nowhere close to what you were predicting = your predictions are shit, gotta keep that in mind going into the future

heretic wrote:

The prices are still very high here in Czech republic too.

GIGABYTE GTX 1660 OC 6G -~ $560 incl VAT

Thats the price after the refresh that just kicked in June/July, but I agree, still way too high. I'm from Slovakia, but to not have to wait for the card way too long, I ordered from Germany. Alza still doesn't even have the model that I wanted and according to a friend who is working for them, they won't even have it until September or even October.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amused.

my predictions are based on market predictions. Unlike Slovaks, I am not full of shit or stealing everything not chained down. God knows where you got the money for 3090, most of your people are poor as fuck.

https://www.techspot.com/news/90515-graphics-card-prices-no-longer-falling.html

see? even your link is old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: