Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Graphics cards pricing beginning to decline [53158]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Graphics cards pricing beginning to decline [53158] Reply with quote

In their regular updates on the GPU market situation in Europe, 3DCenter now reports on a major reduction of GeForce RTX graphics card pricing and better availability. While AMD graphics cards see neither a price reduction nor better availability month-to-month, there is a major shift in GeForce RTX pricing, according

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to drop to 1/4th or so before I'd even consider buying one.
And then, I would wait for a 50% discount.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 Ti for 2153€, which has the MRSP of 1999€ (ofc 1:1 translated 1999$). That doesn't really fit those percentages?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:
just bought the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 Ti for 2153€, which has the MRSP of 1999€ (ofc 1:1 translated 1999$). That doesn't really fit those percentages?

You're what's wrong with gaming today.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:

You payed ~70% more than 3080 for ~8% faster card. I wonder do you also buy cans of clean air?!

Very Happy
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
You're what's wrong with gaming today.

thanks, I appreciate the credit

gx-x wrote:

You payed ~70% more than 3080 for ~8% faster card. I wonder do you also buy cans of clean air?!

Very Happy

I've been looking for one since January. I don't want to be holding off for another year just to get it 1/3 cheaper. I guess thats the price of it if I don't want to be waiting ...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the card came out "yesterday" not in January. Maybe you were searching for 3080, but didn't search well enough, it doesn't matter really.
I hope you do know that in a year you won't get over $400 for it. If even that.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was looking for the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 (yes, this very specific model, because it goes nicely with the ASUS ROG STRIX HERO mobo that I was looking for), but unfortunately couldn't find offers anywhere. I've been mainly looking at the offers on caseking.de, one of the biggest retailers in Germany.

I'm not planning on selling the GPU anytime soon and if I get rid of it one day, I 'll probably just gift it as I did all my previous PC equipment.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meanwhile, you could have gotten one off of ebay anytime. What I mean is, retailers and etailers never had them at normal price anyway, 99% of cards were sold by scalpers on ebay. Now you got scalped by caseking? just before the massive price drop. No wonder you found them online.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by Sabot on Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080? I really doubt it. When I've been looking for it, scalpers were asking way over 2k+ for it on ebay, stockx or amazon, thats why I strictly chose to buy it at a retailer. I guess that worked out? Paid 2k and got the Ti which is almost 10% faster, + revised chip. No other retailer in EU has the ROG STRIX Ti as cheap as they had it.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:
the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080? I really doubt it. When I've been looking for it, scalpers were asking way over 2k+ for it on ebay, stockx or amazon, thats why I strictly chose to buy it at a retailer. I guess that worked out? Paid 2k and got the Ti which is almost 10% faster, + revised chip. No other retailer in EU has the ROG STRIX Ti as cheap as they had it.

every reviewer out there thinks it's meh card (at where it's MSRP is), you should get either 3080 or 3090 and avoid 3080Ti since it's just a rip off from nVidia.

Personally, I go for MSI gamingX cards, I don't like Asus except for sound cards. For over $2000 I go 2 weeks on Varadero, Cuba 5* AI.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

every reviewer out there thinks it's meh card (at where it's MSRP is), you should get either 3080 or 3090 and avoid 3080Ti since it's just a rip off from nVidia.

Personally, I go for MSI gamingX cards, I don't like Asus except for sound cards. For over $2000 I go 2 weeks on Varadero, Cuba 5* AI.

its 3% slower in benchmarks than the 3090. Why would I avoid it and choose the 3090 which goes for +1k € and has twice the memory? 12GB of dedicated video memory is more than enough for me ...

I always liked the ASUS mobos and GPUs and always avoided MSI since one incident :/ Nothing wrong with MSI components. Btw. the MSI 3080 Ti still sitting there:

https://www.caseking.de/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-gaming-x-trio-12g-12288-mb-gddr6x-gcmc-281.html

Its even 20€ more expensive then mine Very Happy lol

And btw. to your previous comment where you said that its no wonder that I got it, it actually is quite a little miracle. I got this lucky only because I been refreshing the product listing every 10 minutes after they have created it and was waiting for them to put the stock online. 1000+ 3080 Ti cards from various manufacturers sold out within 5 minutes ...

And I'm not really the type for beaches. I rather spend my vacation with my dog at home, going for long walks and playing games until late night.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for that amount of money, it's been available on ebay, still is, it's a new card.

3090 was at ~2500 at one point, and since CPU's are bottle necking most of these cards, 3080 included, you can't really tell how much faster it is.
Since you mentioned ~1000 US$ more, why didn't you go for 3080 then? It's almost a $1000 less...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="KuBr0"]
gx-x wrote:

And I'm not really the type for beaches. I rather spend my vacation with my dog at home, going for long walks and playing games until late night.

That’s cool. I like your style and honesty. Enjoy your gaming mate.
Me it’s films, walking, just going to buy an electric motorbike in the next few weeks, save a fortune in town driving petrol wastage. Plus gaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: