Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Xbox One Suffers a Major Leak With Private Keys [52043]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Xbox One Suffers a Major Leak With Private Keys [52043] Reply with quote

According to PokeProtos, the latest leak is for Xbox One private keys and the source code of the internal OG Xbox emulator that runs on the Xbox One. This shouldnâ??t be confused with an official emulator for the OG Xbox, but rather this source code is for XB1 bootrom to run OG Xbox games. As for what this leak signifi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY its taken so long for a xbox one hack is the fact they let you turn your console into a dev unit and you can write your own apps for it anyway.
You want homebrew then write it. No need for the keys or hacks, its got the ability for homebrew without any hacking.

So the leaking of the keys wont help out homebrew on the xbox one as its already got it. All it will do is enable piracy.
I'm not against that at all. Its a good thing if you ask me.
Look at all the success the PSP had and that was hacked from the very start, in the first week I think it was. Its always had homebrew and it lasted many years, its still going. I'm sure I read recently some new PSP homebrew and some PSP homebrew getting updated, So a device thats been around for about 15 years still getting homebrew created for it. So the hackers are keeping it alive. Just like the Vita. $ony want nothing to do with those consoles but the hackers keep it alive.

Back to the XboxOne, piracy.... Its NOT a bad thing, it sells more consoles and actually, think it or not, it DOES sell more games.
I've brought many games because I played a pirated version first. Its like shareware, trial versions. Try it out, if its worthy of purchasing then go buy it. Saves buying it and taking it back the next day, just download the pirated version, try it out, if you like it go buy it, thats what I do.
I've found many great games due to piracy, I've also saved lots of money due to lots of big named dud games.

So the leaking of these keys will lead to 1 thing and it wont harm the system at all.
They say piracy is only about 2% of users. So with a percentage that low where is the real damage?
And where do people like me fit in? A pirate that buys games so its NOT a loss of sale. I DONT share my games, if someone wants a pirated version they can go get it themselves. They know where to find them, I'm not going to tell you where, thats not my job. I had to find them, so can you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: