Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sony delists PlayStation version of Cyberpunk [51999]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Sony delists PlayStation version of Cyberpunk [51999] Reply with quote

Shortly after Sony's Thursday evening statement went live, a button appeared for users signed in with their PlayStation Network account to request a no-questions-asked refund of their CP77 purchase. And now CD Projekt Red has posted a uot;financial reportuot; confirming the delisting: u

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news. I WAS RIGHT!!!

I kept saying this was overhyped up way to much and was killed before it was even released. Thats why I never got it.
Even after them delaying it for "polish" and "make it better" they have released such a faulty, buggy, underdeveloped game I WAS RIGHT all along.

The hype killed it. IT was NEVER going to live up to the hype, NO CHANCE.
The hype started from the very start. I never saw any videos, just going by a few screenshots and all the posts about it saying how good its going to be.

This is now number 1 over hyped failure game. This has overtaken WatchDogs as the worst ever over hyped piece of junk game.

I get WatchDogs on all consoles it was released on and finished on all of them except the WiiU which I am still playing as it was the last to get released. Taking my time with that one I did play another hour about a month go, see, taking my time.

But now, CP77 is now the number 1 overhyped piece of crap winner.
Congrats.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 years to make a fucking mess of and at Xmas time. Plus their reputation is hammered now, not to mention their bank accounts!

Quote:
large patches," scheduled for January and February of 2021.

That’s part 1 and part 2 of the WHOLE game downloaded again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:

I kept saying this was overhyped up way to much and was killed before it was even released. Thats why I never got it.
Even after them delaying it for "polish" and "make it better" they have released such a faulty, buggy, underdeveloped game I WAS RIGHT all along.

The hype started from the very start. I never saw any videos, just going by a few screenshots and all the posts about it saying how good its going to be.

This is now number 1 over hyped failure game. This has overtaken WatchDogs as the worst ever over hyped piece of junk game.

I get WatchDogs on all consoles it was released on and finished on all of them except the WiiU which I am still playing as it was the last to get released. Taking my time with that one I did play another hour about a month go, see, taking my time.

Congrats.

If we're ACTUALLY judging the game minus the bugs, it is fucking incredible, and to say otherwise is absolutely fucking stupid.

Obviously your buggy experience will vary depending on the system you play it on - but I have managed to complete the game, and even with the bugs I still fucking love it.

Easily my favourite game this year.

Sony is being a melodramatic piss pot for taking the game off the store. When I read the news I laughed. Their archaic refund process is a joke too.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood wrote:
NakedFaerie wrote:

Congrats.

If we're ACTUALLY judging the game minus the bugs, it is fucking incredible, and to say otherwise is absolutely fucking stupid.

Obviously your buggy experience will vary depending on the system you play it on - but I have managed to complete the game, and even with the bugs I still fucking love it.

Easily my favourite game this year.

Sony is being a melodramatic piss pot for taking the game off the store. When I read the news I laughed. Their archaic refund process is a joke too.

Well you can add Microsoft to the store removal too. In fact EVERYONE but your granny is refunding this. Put simply, regardless of your opinion, it’s not fit for purpose. CDPR said it, not you or any magazine, but the company itself. They take full blame for fucking it up. Well done to them but just like WB and Arkham Knight, someone is going to get their sacks kicked before Xmas

Quite right that Sony delist it along with Microsoft. If they can’t make the game work on ONE console in their Development of the game, then they must be shit devs. Pish game = pish hardware sales. Whether it’s console or PC
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that $ony are the ones that over hyped this stupid game and they are the first to delist it. LOL

I blame the overhype 100% on $ony as they are really good at over hyping games.
They pick 1 game and hype the sh!t out of it, they over hype it till its killed then wonder why its not as good as expected? Maybe because you over hyped the crap out of it so it could never live up to the hype you shoved in everyones face.

$ony NEED to back off and realise there is more than 1 game coming. Stop the over hype of 1 game, start spreading the love of many games and watch the sales go up of all games and not the decline of 1 game.

They posted about 3 times a week for the last few years with CP77 and killed it in the first week.
In the last 2 weeks it was probably twice a day they were hyping it up.
What a joke. Shut up with the hype. YOU helped kill it.

I see Micro$oft post once a month about a game at the start. Then about once a week within the last month before release. To me M$ have nothing to do with the hype. They do a good job of advertising, unless its Halo then yea again its overhyped. Thats why I've never liked Halo, its overhyped.

I love "Journey to the savage planet" as thats has 0 hype and advertising. Its a GREAT Game. I say thats what "The outer worlds" should've looked and played like on Switch. Proof its the devs that screwed up TOW on Switch.
What a fun game, great comedy all the way through it, such a fun game I highly recommend it. Thats it from me, not going to over hype it up, I'm not $ony and in it "for the money" and they hate the player. If $ony were in it "for the player" you will see the PS5 with FULL BC from PS to PS4 on the PS5 just like XboxSeriesX/S and Micro$oft have done. I know Xbox is not full BC but its got X/X360/X1 BC for compatible games which is a hell of a lot more than $ony have for the PS5 which is not even BC with some PS4 games. Lame.
And $ony's BC is a re-release NOT BC. BC means you can put in the PS2 disk and it plays that game, a re-release is a new purchase for that console of the old game so $ony can make twice the money from you. So now you have 2 purchases, a PS2 version and a PS4 version. Micro$oft release a patch so you can play that game YOU ALREADY OWN, ACTUAL BC, for FREE.

Enough from me. Rant over.
$ony = "For the money"
Micro$oft = "For the player"
Truth hurts and its out there.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
I blame the overhype 100% on $ony as they are really good at over hyping games.

Sony is shit. You should know that by now.
Same bucket as EA, Blizzard, Bethesda.
They all leave a pile of big stinking poo with you every time you buy something from them.
Sure, they are shit for different reasons, but they are all shit nevertheless.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the games industry. Full of incompetence. Period. Bring back the 90s
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SABOT's wrote:

Amen to that.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SABOT's wrote:

EXACTLY!

Back when they made a game, FULL.
Then released it WITHOUT BUGS, No need for a 0-day patch.
THEN, after a month of sales they announce they are NOW working on DLC which they will finish and release in 6 months when its finished.... FOR FREE as a thanks for buying, playing and enjoying their game.

Back when Devs cared for the player and thanked them all the time with FREE addons, DLC, patches (not that they were needed but they did patch a few things here and there or added extras)

Back when a game took a month to finish, not like these days where its a night, or as my daughter found out today about 2 hours.

Back when games were FUN. Unlike dark souls. WHO in their right mind would even play that? its not fun, its the opposite of fun. Games are meant to be fun that's why they are called GAMES. Well, VIDEO GAMES. WHERE is the enjoyment in dark souls where you die every 2 seconds? The first guy you encounter is level 100 and your level 1. You have to die about 87 times to kill him and that's by fluke. THAT'S NOT A GAME, ITS TORTURE AND NOT FUN.

Back when the game WASN'T cut up and released in pieces. 1 major chunk they call the game at full price then 3 or 4 DLC they charge extra for or you pay for a season pass where you save $5 but the game costs twice as much.
PROOF the game industry is no longer "for the players" and "for the money in your wallet and your parents wallets and your salary for the next week"

Back when there were 2 type of games. Singleplayer and multiplayer. Not like today where they sell a multiplayer game with a tacked on 2 hour campaign and try to pass it off as a singleplayer game.
BUT, they sell the exact same game every year. Same engine, same game actually, just a new skin and they invert the map so it feels new. Then the next year they get a 10 year old map, convert it from desert to city, use last years engine and call it a new game.

Back when games had original names. Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, etc...
Not like today, AGAIN a new Tomb Raider.... There already IS a Tomb Raider game idiots, name this one accordingly.
Call of Duty anyone? WHICH COD? There are 3 of them.

Back when REMAKE, REDUX, RE-RELEASE, Wasn't even in the title of an old game converted for a new system. WHY dont they just add backwards compatibility and let us enjoy OUR old games? Thats so they can again MAKE MORE MONEY from an old idea and dont need to think of something new.

Back when game developers HAD an original thought in their heads.
There are MANY AWESOME games released in the 90s. Instead of doing a stupid port, REBUILD it from scratch. NOT A PS GAME, How about a game NEVER been on a console before, an old PC game. There are thousands out there, lots worthy of a remake for consoles.
I know I went on about remakes but some like Soul Reaver are cult classics and think about it, if they rebuild it for the PS5 and added ray tracing, 4k graphics and upped the whole thing that would be awesome. BUT not just the 1 game, the WHOLE franchise, Blood Omen all the way to Defiance. I know some where on console but I'm not talking about poor ports, do a FULL rebuild. COMPLETELY NEW, controls, graphics, sound.... None of this "oh, lets release it as a poor port but for the new console with a buggy emulator which brings over the bugs from the original game even the bug where you press jump and it wont jump at that exact same spot....

BUT, in the end of this rant, This will never happen. There are too many suckers who pay full price, preorder, buy season passes, in game items and the devs make too much money from you.
And there are suckers who buy faulty consoles on day one, faulty games that go with those faulty consoles also on day 1, then blame us who wait for those faulty consoles to be re-released in new revisions without the overheating bugs (PS3 slim) and without the crashes (PS5 and COD).
I got abused by a moron as I said why I dont own a PS5, as the first batch is always faulty and unstable and just rushed out on release day. I wait a year at least for a revision and stability. They abused me saying I cant afford it. I can, I dont want one as its faulty and I am right. COD, Spiderman, both killed the PS5. Unsiure if the bugs are still there but I'm not going to find out. Its not even a real next gen console anyway.
PS4 can do 4K. Can the PS5 do 8k? No? Then its not next gen, its PS4Pro+ Not a real PS5 then.

Back in the 90s when these type of rants weren't around because there was no need. Games were awesome, game devs thanked us for buying and playing their games. It was a huge thing to have a LAN party and multiplayer was FUN also.
Anyone remember Quake 2? Look at my name, NakedFaerie. Thats from Quake 2. Its a Skin of a chick with big wings. The #4 (4 or 3?) skin had big blue wings and was naked. I could run around that game and never get shot as nobody would shoot the naked chick.
My mate had the funniest. He said he would run around and everyone would stop as they were laughing so hard they couldn't move anymore. He was a huge FAT naked chick. I unfortunately never saw him online or even found what skin he was using but I laughed my head off when I found out.

THATS why I am NakedFaerie. Gave me the edge, I never got shot at. These days I always look for the naked chick and I still get shot in the back. Multiplayer is no longer fun and enjoyable, its now filled with dark souls lovers. People that dont know how to have fun.

So, I miss the 90's games and gaming. So much fun and enjoyment had. So many great games.

Did I miss anything? Back when.....?
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
SABOT's wrote:

EXACTLY!

Back when they made a game, FULL.
Then released it WITHOUT BUGS, No need for a 0-day patch.

blah blah blah.

I enjoyed your post, and agree about the games industry going to bed with capitalism in every way possible, and that is a problem. The indie market is doing an amazing job acting as a balancing scale for the many imperfectly formed turds that AAA game companies are shitting out. But, you need to quit existing in dream land. All you people wasting time reminiscing about the past are only doing that, reminiscing. It is not as relatable to the situation now as you think.

This is not the 90's and the scope of producing a game is far greater than that of a game which fits on a cartridge ROM or a 3 1/2 inch floppy. There are layers upon layers of complex scripting, an overbearing amount of differing hardware configurations, and the time for QA to fully test and provide valuable feedback is a curve that Publishers/execs are criminally ignoring and undervaluing.

It's hilarious how easy it is to over simplify the problems of today, though I'm not saying I do not empathise. I totally empathise. I grew up playing games on the C64, Amiga, Genesis/PS1, but expectations were totally different, and the concept of patching games was not a common liberty.

One thing is for sure, digital platforms will eventually grow tired of buggy shit storms entering the market, and you'll start to see more rigid processes being put in place to pre-test before release, to ensure that the market is going to be happy.

Cyberpunk is an odd one, but I think it will serve as an important of example of how NOT to release a game. At least there's that. Even the devs were unhappy about the release date and state of the game.

It's a real fucking shame, because the game is truly a rough diamond. Absolutely amazing singleplayer experience.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
SABOT's wrote:

EXACTLY!

Back when games were FUN. Unlike dark souls. WHO in their right mind would even play that? its not fun, its the opposite of fun. Games are meant to be fun that's why they are called GAMES. Well, VIDEO GAMES. WHERE is the enjoyment in dark souls where you die every 2 seconds? The first guy you encounter is level 100 and your level 1. You have to die about 87 times to kill him and that's by fluke. THAT'S NOT A GAME, ITS TORTURE AND NOT FUN.

So, I miss the 90's games and gaming. So much fun and enjoyment had. So many great games.

I could never get my head around Dark Soul-type games? Severance Blade of Darkness was my hardest but bloody FUN game that i played similar to it's genre. |it's piss easy to make a game unbalanced -lie you said- with enemies 1,000 HP more than you, but harder and more expensive to make a balanced game that levels with you or requires tactical thoughts to play.

Our trouble is we have come from that era of demos (Shareware) and patches on CD's on magazine covers. Someone mentioned that CDPR should have made Cyberpunk Early Access.? That's why we are in this shit, because of half finished/baked games that constantly change and evolve past what you initially bought into, of wasn't finished. Thank goodness for GoG and my legacy PC.
The end of Games in boxes with manuals and brick and mortar shops selling them, resulted in companies easily allowing shoddy games and code to be sold with one digital copy on a server as there was no initiative to sell a quality product as they have nothing to lose as if they had produced a product that sold in shops with all the MASSIVE costs that went with it.

It's nothing but laziness and tardiness. Gone is the true passion that developers had and it's all about a quick buck, cut corners and -as you said- sell MP as the main game with a garbage campaign tacked on. Pretty much every game that's free today is MP -and it's that way because of loot boxes and micro transactions. Sit on your arse and let the money roll in.

Absolute shit industry! Yet the games cost more to buy for the gamer and all they produce is either ONE digital fucking copy or shit plastic DVD box with a CD in it with a 10mb install and a 60GB download!!! No boxes,manuals or freebies like T-Shirts and even VHS tapes lol.

Yeah i think a lot of us are on the same page here thumleft
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SABOT's wrote:
NakedFaerie wrote:
SABOT's wrote:

EXACTLY!

I could never get my head around Dark Soul-type games? Severance Blade of Darkness was my hardest but bloody FUN game that i played similar to it's genre. |it's piss easy to make a game unbalanced -lie you said- with enemies 1,000 HP more than you, but harder and more expensive to make a balanced game that levels with you or requires tactical thoughts to play.

Our trouble is we have come from that era of demos (Shareware) and patches on CD's on magazine covers. Someone mentioned that CDPR should have made Cyberpunk Early Access.? That's why we are in this shit, because of half finished/baked games that constantly change and evolve past what you initially bought into, of wasn't finished. Thank goodness for GoG and my legacy PC.
The end of Games in boxes with manuals and brick and mortar shops selling them, resulted in companies easily allowing shoddy games and code to be sold with one digital copy on a server as there was no initiative to sell a quality product as they have nothing to lose as if they had produced a product that sold in shops with all the MASSIVE costs that went with it.

It's nothing but laziness and tardiness. Gone is the true passion that developers had and it's all about a quick buck, cut corners and -as you said- sell MP as the main game with a garbage campaign tacked on. Pretty much every game that's free today is MP -and it's that way because of loot boxes and micro transactions. Sit on your arse and let the money roll in.

Absolute shit industry! Yet the games cost more to buy for the gamer and all they produce is either ONE digital fucking copy or shit plastic DVD box with a CD in it with a 10mb install and a 60GB download!!! No boxes,manuals or freebies like T-Shirts and even VHS tapes lol.

Yeah i think a lot of us are on the same page here thumleft

Yep.
Remember when you get a manual, instructions, story book, COMPLETE game in the package you brought from the shop and it was usually $10 more than the digital copy. These days they cost the same, there is no manual or book or anything, usually its a disk and thats it or some junk mail about another game coming.

Now if you want that manual you have to pay $50 more for the "extras" pack. Then there is the "ultimate pack" which includes the DLC and season pass which is now the full price game. From $100 to $150 as the usual price of a game but they sneakily upped the price of normal by cutting it up, can calling it DLC and season pass.

Then you get the "release date" which is NEVER the actual release date of the final game. Which pisses me off. When I buy a game on disk I expect the finished game NOT a beta or alpha version and have to download the next patch then keep patching for the next 6 months till its finally finished.
I think the whole game industry SHOULD get rid of release dates and actually FINISH the game THEN release it. WHEN and ONLY when its BETA TESTED should they give a release date of at least 2 months. That way they can fix the bugs and add that extra polish and actually finish the game.
0-day patches are PROOF you DONT have the final game on disk, its a beta version. NOBODY wants to buy beta versions of games but thats what you are doing buying the disk versions.
At least from the digital stores they are usually bundled, the game and the latest patch so it is final (or latest anyway)

Still, not enough testing going on. WE, US, SUCKERS are FREE beta testers these days. We buy the game, play it, report the bugs and we dont get paid for it, WE PAY FOR IT. WHAT SUCKERS.
I would rather wait 2 months and have actual beta testers do their job and beta test. But thats how the game industry rips us off, having us as free beta testers, they get paid and we do the job. Kinda the opposite of what a beta tester is. Thats what happened here with cyberpunk, its released in an alpha stage, got too many bugs to even be beta version and we reported on the bugs and they are now fixing them PROVING its released way too early.

I'm going to leave it here. I got more to say but real life stuff gets in the way.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
I'm going to leave it here. I got more to say but real life stuff gets in the way.

Completely agree with you guys.

But even real life is not what it used to be Sad Looks around...I still love computers but everything getting be too virtual. If you have kids you can clearly see it.

Besides I expect another tech revolution soon...yes, cryptocurrencies will change world next years. And I feel it's inevitable as Fed,ECB print money like never before. Sometime I ask myself what to do...where this everything will lead us.....sometime I feel too old for these days. Maybe not too old but definitely I feel very overhelmed by everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: