Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

iOS 14 Promotes Widgets to Home Screen [50764]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: iOS 14 Promotes Widgets to Home Screen [50764] Reply with quote

Apple has revealed iOS 14, which brings a number of new features to the OS for Apple's iPhones: Widgets: Apple has promoted Widgets to the main home screen. Just as Android has always allowed, you can now mix re-sizable widgets in with your app icons. A special widget called Smart Stack collects several widgets int

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
ykazka
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuk Apple.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these are features Android users have had for years but I guess some of the new ones are good.

I own Samsung Note 9 now Cool (my previous phones were: HTC Touch BlackStone, Samsung Galaxy Note 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"New" features for a phone with the biggest notch on the planet
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugly all right.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crApple so wants to be Android. it copies everything Android does.
crApple have never had an original thought in their heads.
Siri existed as an app until crApple brought the company.
Everything GUI was on Android first.
crApple pay is just google pay with a screwed up NFC payment system.
Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Any other Android NFC payment system is free. crApple Pay they take a percentage of the purchase so its not free to use crApple pay. Typical crApple. Making money off something that should be free. Every other rival is free not them.

Everything crApple does for IOS is a cut down, locked up version Android had many years before crApple screwed it up.

Name 1 thing crApple have done originally? Do some research before answering and find the truth first. Most likely you will find crApple DIDN'T do it first, they most likely copied it from Android or brought the company that did it originally.

Think about it. Not even the iphone 1 was original. I had a iMate JasJam before I wasted my money on the original iPhone and that JasJam was better. I only used the iPhone for about 3 months before going back.
The JasJam was running Windows phone 5 and had a touch screen and a pen (Just like the Note 9 I use now)
It did a lot more than the iPhone could. It could play videos, record videos, MMS, and all the features the iphone couldn't do the older jasjam could and did do better.

crapple iphone is a copy of other devices and software. its not original. crApple LIE to you and they steal and cheat you too.
You can get an android phone for $200 that does more and actually better than the latest iphone which is $2000. Proof crApple cheat and rip you off.

Do your own research and you will see how bad they really are. I know first hand, I have the devices (Still have) so I know what they did and how bad they really are.
I will never buy ANY crApple device again as its an inferior Android clone thats locked down so tight it cant do 20% of what an Android device 20% of its cost can do.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had android for 20 years, lasted about 1 1/2 years then the next update, or bloatware slowed it down and down. Then they never supported it - as per what ever fucking idiot company decided YOUR phone needed! Every android phone doesn’t get the same update, so it’s a false comparison.

That and nearly 70% of android phones were hacked through apps or malware.
Almost 1 BILLION android phones at risk of hacking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51751950

People just keep using these shit ancient phones when there’s NO security patches released for them and they are that stupid they don’t even realise.

I had to ALWAYS have a fucking virus scanner on a fucking android phone!
Bought a Apple iPhone 5SE had it 4 years fully supported, NEVER had a virus scanner NEVER had ANY fucking issues cause it’s the same update ALL IPhones supported get. Apple Pay biometric, boots in seconds ALWAYS. NEVER slows down, doesn’t have bloatware from who you bought your phone from, don’t need to jail break it - like why the fuck would you spend hundreds on a phone to make it like you want it, like there’s a severe issue with that and yourself if that’s what you do?? No VIRUS SCANNER NEEDED, no malware, no fucking dodgy App Store full of chinese scammers!
It’s a phone, it doesn’t everything you want a phone to do, sat nav in the car, maps. People have some weird deep down hang ups, when there’s more important things in life to worry about. Buy whoever you want but you won’t be owning an android for as long as an iPhone unless you pay into the thousands, the software support is the worst shit I have ever,ever had and wouldn’t take a FREE android phone if it dropped through my letter box.

I have 3 perfectly good Samsung,Nokia and even a Huawei-before they were corrupt bastards too. Slow as shit thanks to shit open source android.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Dawg,
We Heard You Love App Drawers!
So We've Put an App Drawer In Your App Drawer!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SABOT
I love it when people have a false sense of security.
You're a shining example.
I hope the wake-up call will not be very painful.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, like there wasn't an class action law suite against apple for slowing down phones, but somehow SABOT thinks apple doesn't do that. I don't even want to go into other delusions he is suffering from, it's pointless. Putting a VPN on the phone was too big of an ask for him to do on android. I never ever had a virus on the phone.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iCloud Data Breach: Hacking And Celebrity Photos

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davelewis/2014/09/02/icloud-data-breach-hacking-and-nude-celebrity-photos/#6a49b3d2de72

I still have this leaked iCloud data somewhere Very Happy

last year happened something similar....

Cloud Possibly Suffered A Privacy Breach Last Year That Apple Kept a Secret
https://thehackernews.com/2019/01/icloud-privacy-breach.html

Conclusion: iOS isn't so securie as people think!

But there's no doubt that Apple is very rich company Very Happy
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hacking shit? I DONT use cloud NOTHING. MY phone is connected to NOTHING. FFS what part don't you understand? read again ONE BILLION android PHONES at risk of hacking because they are not updated by the company that supplied YOUR phone! Boy you guys got a LOT to learn about security and phones. 30 YEARS of PC building and experience. Just because you hate Apple doesn't mean you have to be thick ignorant guys.

Android are the worst supported shit on the market period!

Quote:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
iCloud Data Breach: Hacking And Celebrity Photos

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davelewis/2014/09/02/icloud-data-breach-hacking-and-nude-celebrity-photos/#6a49b3d2de72
it's 6 fucking years old news.... Rolling Eyes

Apple is sooo hackable as a PHONE the US Police couldn't even break into it and tried to get a court order for the pin. it took 6 weeks to break into an ancient Iphone 5C -not cloud the PHONE.https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/28/apple-fbi-case-dropped-san-bernardino-iphone

Last edited by Sabot on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's because there are one billion android models from different manufacturers, unlike 2 iphones per year...Of course, there is no $50 iphone $80 iphone, $100 iphone and so on and so on. but there is an android for every pocket.
You can always get an "One" or you could get a Nexus phone and be supported for longer.

The point is you can't avoid apple update that cuts your performance to make your non-replaceable battery last a bit longer. So you already got your phone slowed down by apple. You didn't have a choice.

PS. I think in spite of lawsuit they added an option to revert to original performance on affected devices. Probably hidden away from a user like everything meaningful on iPhone usually is.

Last edited by gx-x on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
it's because there are one billion android models from different manufacturers, unlike 2 iphones per year...Of course, there is no $50 iphone $80 iphone, $100 iphone and so on and so on. but there is an android for every pocket.
You can always get an "One" or you could get a Nexus phone and be supported for longer.

The point is you can't avoid apple update that cuts your performance to make your non-replaceable battery last a bit longer. So you already got your phone slowed down by apple. You didn't have a choice.

You can replace the battery quite easy. Done it on my wife's 5SE. Buy it anywhere on amazon and anywhere else.

Erm no i didn't get my phone slowed down by Apple, that's specific models and how you define slowed down. Android on the other hand was -and i watch regularly on buses people that use the phone to activate a ticket, then have to sit down and wait for it to launch then go back to the driver. in 4 years it's worked every day, 5 days a week.

Last edited by Sabot on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can but it voids your waranty. And Apple could sue you if they feel like because they know that you did it, like it or not. Very Happy

ah, I almost forgot, you got slowed down and you got a new battery for a 10 year old phone. And you think Android phones are your problem. Seems to me, you were buying $50 Android phones with TN screens...those are called disposable phones, you know, use them for a day and throw them away. And you were expecting support....

edit: yes it did get slowed down.
And I have a car. If I don't want to drive I call a cab. I am not poor.

Last edited by gx-x on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: