Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 KB4482887 update can degrade graphics [47616]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 KB4482887 update can degrade graphics [47616] Reply with quote

On March 1st, Microsoft released a brand new update for Windows 10 that brought a number of quality improvements. However, and after various reports, Microsoft has confirmed that this latest update can degrade graphics and mouse performance in certain games (like for example Destiny 2). Microsoft claimed that itâ??s cu

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it was too hard for you to provide more info.. just another bait news item.

Quote:
KB4482887 enables Retpoline for Windows on certain devices. We first saw this tested in Windows 10 in an Insider release back in October. The big attraction of Retpoline is that it is claimed to reduce any slowdowns in PCs inflicted by the Spectre and Meltdown patches to 'background noise' levels.

Clearly doesn't work.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffs...the only game I play atm when I have time is destiny 2.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hx tying to add tables.. lol Here you go man... btw, this has not affected me at all and my Destiny 2 works perfectly fine.

heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you never had a single problem....because you are Microsoft 'insider' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny 2 doesn't work fine on any computer. EDZ, Titan, just give it some time and it starts to chop.
(Free roam public areas of course, missions and lost sectors work fine)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
you never had a single problem....because you are Microsoft 'insider' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOL! my work account and my home account are different and I'm not insider at home. But nice try haha. I wish I could play games at work to test this...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hx tom is a guy who tested win shitting 10 during its beta phase and saw no problems with this stinking bug infested pile of poorly designed garbage complete with ux inconsistencies and general turd world shit idiocracy standards.. and this is how it is years from final release with countless garbage updates.... says a lot they still haven't really done shit.. MS did more work improving windows as an OS from Vista>7.. than they've done to really improve anything from Win7 >9>10 .. but then most the talent at MS left after Win7.... now they just got idiots and sociopaths at every level.

Anyway I doubt tom would even notice a half a drop in fps, he'd still be like 'herpderp this is great MSuck does nothing wrong, derp derp'

Also last time I saw a group photo of employees being hired by shitsoft, it's really no surprise, the whole so called 'American' company deserves to go under.

Time for a major gaming industry push to get Linux desktops not perfoming and working like shit... starting with flak @AMD/Nvidia/Intel for being a bunch of Ip hoarding fucks who don't want to bother helping to improve drivers and assist in open source efforts to improve performance when they can treat all there customers as commodities with garbage driver software written for windows complete with all the software/hardware spyware hooks for themselves and partners.

Time for consumers to wake up aswel.. your computer/device bought hardware/software is no longer being respected as yours.. and you only have to look at the numerous cases of abuse by corporations to abuse that trust. ie Apple's deliberate performance throttling for a big case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: