Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 [47243]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: TechNews - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 [47243] Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm saying 2019 already! Happy New Year to
all of you who make this website possible. I hope next year will be a
happy and healthy one for everyone! Intel Coffee Lake Refresh Enthusiast Core i9 CPUs With 8 And
6-Core Variants Break Cover - The products in question are the eight-core Core i9-990

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy new year

-Google Chrome Dark Mode Confirmed For Windows 10 -

or just use a better browser like vivaldi.com and have dark theme right now, its basically chrome but less shit and not developed by morons who can't add any decent built in browser features.

- Microsoft Edge Is Still More Power Efficient than Chrome and Firefox

I'm sure notepad uses less power than word but that's not the point of using software where you want actual features that are useful.

- How Much of the Internet Is Fake

Just about everything mainstream no?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, morons develop Chrome, then someone takes their moronic product and makes it moronic in a different way with moronic engine behind it and you use that version of the moronic browser and say that that one is ok? How moronic is that Koogle? I am starting to see where Tom comes from in regards to you.
Vivaldi....smh.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I should respond that moronic rhetoric gx...

The part of Chrome that isn't total rubbish is https://www.chromium.org/ backend responsible for page rendering etc ... that is open source and probably the only reason Chrome isn't a complete bug and spyware riddled pile of garbage (apart from all the addition tracking shit Google add for Chrome)

While the actual Chrome frontend is newb garbage, barely customizable, with generally lame 'web' addons limited to a crippled web extension api that pales in comparison to what Firefox addon developers could achieve in doing for Firefox.

And now that Mozilla no longer make a web browser worth a damn, because they gutted out XUL and broke the vast majority of addons that actually made using Firefox even useful over something like Chrome. Now it's just a chrome clone that doesn't use the chromium backend and while still not really being any better in browser performance benchmarks or having much in options.

And every other chrome clone that does use the chromium backend is no where near as good as the effort Vivaldi has put into making a better frontend with more customization...It's not like I haven't tried to find the best suitable replacement for Firefox and the 70+ extensions I used to have (still do but the Firefox pre quantum is becoming increasingly outdated for modern sites). The best I've found is Vivaldi and they are doing a great job so far, same cannot be said for the rest of the browsers..

At least MS have realized they can't make a decent web browser or browser engine anymore, and they are switching to using the chromium source. I doubt they will do much to improve the frontend or improved extensions api's that can be developed for the frontend that might allow other developers to provide improvements where they can't be bothered.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that part, taking your words, is made by morons. You know, google guys...Morons that make money you can't even dream about.
Mozilla has a very good browser. It's just you who thinks that gimped inferior product is better. But that's your choice. Vivaldi, lol. It's like that PaleMoon browser joke that once was all the rage, couldn't handle anything modern because it was risky and dangerous. It took me 10 seconds to ditch that garbage. But I bet you loved it.

Vivaldi browser...based on sole work of other people. If they are that good - why didn't they make their own engine? Oh yea, chromium remix takes a shit load of skill. But just enough not to get sued over copyrighted shit. And that's how good that browser is. Up until it needs to do something that it cant, it's good. Unless you are one of the billion people that need that other stuff.

PS. You don't know how to make Chrome BLACK? Seriously? ...wow.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

Honestly, he probably doesn't. The brain train is at a dead stop there.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
that part, taking your words, is made by morons. You know, google guys...Morons that make money you can't even dream about.
Mozilla has a very good browser. It's just you who thinks that gimped inferior product is better. But that's your choice. Vivaldi, lol. It's like that PaleMoon browser joke that once was all the rage, couldn't handle anything modern because it was risky and dangerous. It took me 10 seconds to ditch that garbage. But I bet you loved it.

Vivaldi browser...based on sole work of other people. If they are that good - why didn't they make their own engine? Oh yea, chromium remix takes a shit load of skill. But just enough not to get sued over copyrighted shit. And that's how good that browser is. Up until it needs to do something that it cant, it's good. Unless you are one of the billion people that need that other stuff.

you're clearly fucking retarded old man

google chrome themes are fucking shit, hardly what I would call customizable.

comparing palemoon to vivaldi? are you that stupid?

"If they are that good - why didn't they make their own engine?"

Because they aren't retarded like you, why would they waste money, the time and effort when they can just use the chromium engine and spend actual time working on useful features for the browser that actually help end users... Do I need to explain basics to you idiot? unlike google that makes money from abusing privacy and being the worlds biggest ad money laundering and data gathering network for the creepstate while buying up other companies to prop up its own pathetic product efforts. You think they actually make products worth buying? gtfo, the biggest product they have is data and tracking as much as they can and who do you think that useful for? go figure idiot, this was never a company that didn't have an agenda in the products pushed onto the consumer. But you glorify them as making money for something good? you are an idiot.

And MS is a billion dollar company that has finally realized they should just do the same in using the chromium backend, you talk shit about Vivaldi for making a browser that isn't complete garbage like IE, google chrome, and sadly now what might aswel be called shitfox etc.. you must live on planet ignoramus fucktard gx.

"You know, google guys...Morons that make money you can't even dream about."

most the people who 'work'? there are SJW morons actually, Alphabet Inc was always a creepstate funded project using stock market funny money, they bought up other companies for products they didn't have the talent to develop anything better because they are 99% shit and do evil. With the biggest one that really drove success in ads and peddling the shitty chrome browser early on was youtube that they bought up and turned into crap. Where the fuck have you been on the internet for the last 20 years asleep? wake up retard.

And dipshit next time you think you're smart for comparing palemoon (worked on by a handful of people to keep firefox XUL extensions working with maintenance on the rendering engine for web compatibility now that mozilla have gone full retard) is not at all on the same level as Vivaldi in actually improving a web browsers features while being smart about using an open sourced chromium engine for the backend.

"Mozilla has a very good browser"

yeh used to be (in 2017)... now it is a gimped and inferior product since the quantum retardation awhere you might aswel use a chromium based browser like Vivaldi, where you can use all the same web extensions. While Firefox is now ad infested data tracking pile of shit like google chrome, that will continue to lose market share because mozilla corporation has become rot and run by retards... is that your shitty browser of choice or is google chrome then?

ether way please don't make me laugh, like google chrome customization options and features and pathetic frontend design.. and whatever shit you call a black theme.. it will look pathetic because google won't let designers use css for customizing the frontend, it is literately limited and gimped thus shit like you gx ... that is a browser designed for noobs like you and simpleton tom really. Luckily goolag have a lot of idiots out there who think they actually do anything good and don't mind shit simple design and ugly looking interfaces.

And fyi if chromium wasn't open sourced then goolag chrome would be an even bigger pile of bug infested garbage that never would have become as widely used as it is now.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrome isn't shit.

But I do like Vivalid. A lot. Since version 2 it has become my primary desktop browser.

The UI customisation is a fucking dream. Every tiny detail, even the border radius can be adjusted. It also consumes on average about 500-600 MB less in a typical session and generally behaves in a zippier way.

I use the shit out of my browser for local environment development testing, so this isn't an opinion formed based on casual or general use.

Most people I talk to are like "Oh god not another browser, fuck that I'm not changing from Chrome. Chrome is my daddy". So I just install it on their machine and then they thank me afterwards Laughing
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chrome isn't shit."

I would say otherwise, given the resources behind it, every release features absolute sweet piss all on end user feature improvements really.

Anyway I agree switch newbies to Vivaldi (in the past it would be like switching them to Firefox + 20 or so addons to get all the same features that they've just built in... shame that can't be said for Mozilla.. they keep adding crap no one wants nor asked for as 'features' while breaking every addon that ever made that browser even good)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: