Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Misleading Core i9-9900K Benchmarks [46656]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Misleading Core i9-9900K Benchmarks [46656] Reply with quote

Intel has commissioned Principled Technologies to run benchmarks of the upcoming i9-9900K CPU and pit it against older Intel CPUs and some AMD CPUs such as the AMD Ryzen 2700X, Threadripper 2990WX, and Threadripper 2950X. PCGamesN wrote a glowing article that has since been heavily edited, about how Intel's new chip w

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a misleading title. Very Happy
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these new CPUs are a joke - not a step up.
They were sitting back comfy overpricing their CPUs while AMD had troubles.
And now, when there's a little competition, they're just trying to squeeze out more from old technology because they have nothing to show for.
In Germany, AMD CPU sales have already surpassed Intel CPU sales.
People are not as stupid as Intel thinks.
Fuck them.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very stupid. Buy Ryzen instead of intel, add extra money for faster ddr4, extra money for fancy motherboard that can support that memory or just go with ddr4 2400 and i5 8600 that shit over all ryzen up to 250$ ones and is cheaper. As in- whole platform, MB (~under 100$), RAM (2400mhz ddr4), CPU (~150$ for non K i5 8600), it's cheaper.

edit: Appreciated Heretic for the title change Smile We don't see anything about 9900K so, yea Smile

edit2: I DARE anyone (not you Heretic) to prove me how any ryzen given 3200 + DDR4 ram is cheaper and faster than intel config I specified. I can provide exact motherboard for said intel 8400 or 8600 that is ~100$ and will work with ANY DDR4 you can find on market, not just 30% of them, unlike AMD Ryzen which is VERY goddamn picky in that regard. I waited 5 months for bios to support Patriot sticks I got for my ryznes, although they were listed compatible back in January, I was to see anything above 2133 until September. Fuck that. Fuck AMD.
Also, Intel doesnt care if you put 2400, 2666 or 3200, negligable performance difference (all better than Ryzen even at 2400) and justify the price difference and all that jazz.

You know, it's not all about processor price. Hell, you into video production? LOL, Intel just kills ANY Ryzen just because it has IGPU. Quantify that value! (yea sure, intel "bribed" adobe and so on, so what, they did it and it works great, 50% greater than AMD). Games? LOL. Not 50% better but better. On an low end. You just dont need 346325464564 cores from AMD to get 6 core performance from intel. Sure, it's better than FX 8xxx and 9xxx (factory overclocked fx 8xxx)and it's ontrack. But is it a miracle? Fuck no. gtfo.

Nice that AMD stoped scaming people from sayig that some FX 8xxx has more core s than intel xyz and is going to be future proof and made a good cpu. How about they apologize to all the people they scammed? FX 8xxx was/is never faster than sandy bridge. But hey, fuck intel let me buy this 8 core amd monster, it'sgoing to rock and rip intel. Never happened. Can you imagine that? Well, I could, I looked at it;s specs. Cache memory per core and you were looking at glorified celeron at best. Guess what? That's what it is/was.
I'll tell you one morething from personal experience - AMD Wraith cooler is shat upon with a simple CM TX3 cooler. By 40% more performance, 20% less noise. For 18$. By comparison, it shits over intel stock cooler by 25% in cooling performance, and 50% noise reduction, but hey, intel's shit at least cools the damn thing.

Fuck AMD and fanbois.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: