Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Bitcoin scares banks and governments [34987]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: TechNews - Bitcoin scares banks and governments [34987] Reply with quote

Internet connection not required to play 'Xbox 720' games? - VGLeaks is
clarifying that Durango will indeed be always online uot;like any other
deviceuot;, but it will not be a requirement to play local content and it
will not prevent playing used games. In other words, this is meant for
downloading s

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Budget' 4k tvs' yeeah....right, when they can broadcast 4k signals over the airwaves, like Japan will in 2014 that is the only time I will be interested in 4k... Considering 1080p has pretty much bombed in regards the interest in HD, be it blu ray (DVD still the biggest seller in the UK) or Netflix, LoveFilm all broadcast in 720p as their HD, otherwise it's upscaled everything.
Yeah I've seen the usual technology demonstrations, like I have through every incarnation of tv, PC and gaming. But this is just utter pointless.. Like its biggest allure is for small roomed houses so they can sit closer without seeing pixels pulease! How much HD tv do you actually watch? Then ask yourself; this tv will just be a glorified upscaler of crap tv! And, no. It's not for PC gaming, unless you live by yourself. No partner is going to justify 5k never mind 4k on a tv for just games.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://buttcoin.org/this-is-what-bitcoiners-actually-believe
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4k TV depending on resolution (other stats too of course) might actually justify gaming on any tv imo. I don't know how people do it now with those shit 1080p 16:9 panels labeled as monitors.

Anyhoo I mostly agree about the HD farce. Most of my tv shows are in h.264 format (scene releases) and take up little space. It's rare I save a show in HD and it's mostly either a movie or a show like True Blood for the wife or Game of Thrones. My TV upscales great and even dvd's look pretty nice. Why bother paying premiums when you can get by just fine?

Bitcoin represents a threat to certain countries and laws that use incentives to attract money. Hard to say if people are actually worried about it at this point though. I personally think it's a pain in the ass to use due to the security/fluctuating price but I have used it. If it's truly a secure anonymous way of payment that I don't know for sure.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Durango will indeed be always online "like any other device"

You mean to say "like any other device meant to rip customers off", right? Very few devices I know are always online - let alone require an internet connection to function.

Quote:
Sony reveals pricing for their new budget-friendly 4K TVs

I guess the pricing is ok considering that nobody needs such resolution making it a luxury item.

Quote:
Microsoft ending support for Windows XP and Office 2003 in one year

XP - I guess that's ok as Windows 7 is decent enough and can be configured to look like XP.
Office 2003? That might be an issue for those who just can't get the new UI in the newer office versions.

Quote:
Google Fiber's Next Stop: Austin, Texas

This is going so slow that it seems more of a marketing show than a promise to be taken seriously. At this rate, they'll get here when I am 2500 years old.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, TechAmok will be offline between 07:00am and 11:00am EST on Saturday, April 13th.

https://twitter.com/techamok/status/323085703397400576
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: