Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

JavaScript

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranellax
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: JavaScript Reply with quote

How is JavaScript different than the others? Forgive me in advance because I am a beginner. If JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, and Python are all scripting languages, than why is JavaScript kindof in a category by itself when the others seemed to be classed together. What is different about JavaScript for it not to be considered as seriously as the other three?

Last edited by pranellax on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: JavaScript Reply with quote

pranellax wrote:
How is JavaScript different than the others? Forgive me in advance because I am a beginner. If JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, and Python are all scripting languages, than why is JavaScript kindof in a category by itself when the others seemed to be classed together. What is different about JavaScript for it not to be considered as seriously as the other three?

Html - Text Markup language for detailing the layouts of webpages. All webpages are HTML at heart.

CSS - Cascading Style Sheets - a method for detailing the 'look' and 'style' of a website/webpage

Javascript - Additional functionality for webpages, extends HTML to allow actions to take place in the browser, rather than having to submit a webpage back to the server and that server return more html.

PHP - language used for developing websites. PHP allows you to create non-static pages and interact with databases.

C++ - Programming language, mainly used for applications and backend programming

C# - New(ish) Microsoft programming language, can be used for application or web development.
rallyhaki
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of the headlights, the heavier my account, I feel it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: