Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hawken - Indie mech combat FPS announced [30570]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Hawken - Indie mech combat FPS announced [30570] Reply with quote

). The graphics looks awesome, but the animatons and effects look something that still require some work. This will be exciting for all Mech Warrior fans, as I have not seen a good looking mech combat game are scarce. and this one will be multiplayer focused.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visually, that's just "holyshit!!!!!!11" amazing. Like someone said elsewhere, I love it when the actual game looks like concept art Smile
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True! I am in this, totally! The atmosphere is awesome!
This footage is from alpha version or something... they'll polish it some more. Looks really promising!
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember when was the last time I saw THIS kind of detail on any engine! Holy Crap man!

This looks like it has more polygons than Nvidia's Endless City demo! Not to mention the texturing!

Uh oh, graphics cards will have a field day with this!
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you carefully look at the level, its not that big at all... this video just shows the level from a lot of different angles, add some camera shake etc... and you get confused.
The details looks pretty insane, but its all in the textures and optimization really!
Crysis looks with amazing detail, but it isnt really! If you spend time looking around youll se that much of the details is handled by textures, normal maps etc...
So, its aways up to the optimization. There is no reason to go for highly detailed geometry for various reasons.
and so on and so on...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf did I just watch??!?!?!? Small indie team made THAT?! OMFG
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small indie team started Project Offset with even more impressive visuals...but got closed by Intel.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
A small indie team started Project Offset with even more impressive visuals...but got closed by Intel.

Yes but that was artwork for 3 years, this is playable alfa version in 9 months. There is a big difference.
Also, Project Offset relaid on intel after they made first steps, intel wanted it in RayTracing for Larrabe project, and one thing lead to another... I guess this indie team is willing to bring this to closure, PO team obviously found other jobs...
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

Yes but that was artwork for 3 years, this is playable alfa version in 9 months. There is a big difference.
Also, Project Offset relaid on intel after they made first steps, intel wanted it in RayTracing for Larrabe project, and one thing lead to another... I guess this indie team is willing to bring this to closure, PO team obviously found other jobs...

Yeah, I'm familiar with the whole story, but my point was that an indie team can do better most of the times (in general) than the big companies. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, because I love mech combat. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: