Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Has Windows become Spyware? [56898]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject: Has Windows become Spyware? [56898] Reply with quote

Has Windows become Spyware? Windows 11 vs XP Network Analysis on Wireshark. What websites does your new laptop secretly connect to?

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: That's why I'm still with Windows 7 Reply with quote

That's why I'm still with Windows 7

You CAN'T block that because you no longer own of your PC, there is no firewall software for Windows 8+ that allows you to (REALLY) control your connections.
Nowadays is at hardware level too....

WE ARE ROASTED!
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Windows become Spyware? [56898] Reply with quote

ggrobot wrote:
Has Windows become Spyware? Windows 11 vs XP Network Analysis on Wireshark. What websites does your new laptop secretly connect to?

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news

Kinda annoying to watch because he doesn't list what apps have loaded at startup (he references McAfee in the DNS list...), so there's really no way to tell how much of the crap he's wasting time prattling on about actually belongs to the OS itself. Task Manager would allow us to corroborate his Wireshark results.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: That's why I'm still with Windows 7 Reply with quote

Penetreitor wrote:

You CAN'T block that because you no longer own of your PC, there is no firewall software for Windows 8+ that allows you to (REALLY) control your connections.

WE ARE ROASTED!

Same. I'm on Windows 7 as it does newer OS's cant. I still record FTA channels using WMC and convert them to MP4 then they get transferred to my NAS where I watch them when i'm ready.
Cant use that software or do that on Windows 10 or 11.
I also have lots more software and hardware that doesn't work on Windows 10/11.
Some of the software cant be installed anymore, the servers are gone and companies closed all support... Thanks $ony.
So I cant upgrade without losing lots of data and access to paid stuff.

Its just annoying you get the "your windows is too old, upgrade" notifications all the damn time. Its never going to happen.
I had a backup of this drive so if it dies I just swap the drive over and keep going from where it left off.

Windows 7 is the best OS there ever is. its the quickest, most compatible, smoothest and with the long lifespan its had the most bug fixes and exploits removed.
Add a great add blocker and thats about all you need. 99% of attacks come from ads so block them and your pretty much safe. Just be smart with what your download. Use a virtual machine for questionable stuff. if that gets a virus just reboot it and its gone then delete that file. Your PC is safe. Thats what I do.
I have a virtual OS with so many viruses on it its funny to use. They try to call home but its got no net access but it still tries and fails.

Win7 for the winning OS.
Now, Win10 is just a spyware OS. It comes with spyware built into the OS itself. M$ spy on you and tell you what you can have installed and run.
If your lucky and did lots of research you can delay it but in the end you are firced to update and get more spyware and each update blocks the spyware loopholes so you eventually cant block it anymore, cant stop it and stuck with it.
You get so frustrated you reinstall Windows 7 and live with the outdated OS notifications. They are a lot better than a OS that spys on you.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: That's why I'm still with Windows 7 Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
Penetreitor wrote:

WE ARE ROASTED!

Same. I'm on Windows 7 as it does newer OS's cant. I still record FTA channels using WMC and convert them to MP4 then they get transferred to my NAS where I watch them when i'm ready.
Cant use that software or do that on Windows 10 or 11.
I also have lots more software and hardware that doesn't work on Windows 10/11.
Some of the software cant be installed anymore, the servers are gone and companies closed all support... Thanks $ony.
So I cant upgrade without losing lots of data and access to paid stuff.

Its just annoying you get the "your windows is too old, upgrade" notifications all the damn time. Its never going to happen... etc etc I love Windows 7 so much it makes me hard.

All telemetry on Windows 10/11 can be blocked by using O&O ShutUp10 and StevenBlack's host file.

If you want something more solid, wait for Rectify 11 v3 to be finalized and give that a go https://github.com/MishaTY/Rectify11Installer/releases

It physically removes the telemetry and fully implements UX theme switching + a redesigned system-wide dark mode. A hark back to the XP days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: