Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Terminal Velocity: Boosted Edition announced [56881]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: Terminal Velocity: Boosted Edition announced [56881] Reply with quote

Ziggurat Interactive has announced Terminal Velocity: Boosted Edition, an updated version of the combat flight simulator for consoles and PC. The PC version will launch first via Steam on March 14, followed by unspecified consoles at a later date.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this was the among the first 3D games that utilized 3D graphics under Windows, I think.
At least, the among those that I played.
I remember because the bitch would not run on DOS Very Happy
I enjoyed it a lot at the time, being action-oriented.
Rouge Squadron 3D and such came later.
But I doubt anyone will want to be playing it anymore because it's quite dated in all aspects.
Descent got a modern remake, but that did not pick up either, so I think the time for these games are gone.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely loved Terminal Velocity. Played it to death. Remember the thumping music? It was either this or Decent that you can stick in your CD-ROM player - pc or home - and play the whole album as separate tracks.
Decent I think got with my first joystick. The Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro. Best joystick until I got the Sidewinder Force Feedback pro -first one - plugged into my SB AWE 32 sound card. (The length of a table!)
Remember ‘Fade to Black’ on pc (Delphin Software -French)? I think that was the first Gourad Shading 3D game at the time.

Yeah, past it. Had their time/day. I even got Battlezone remake and found it hard to get into vs when I bought it day one release. It was novel back then, like the birth of 3DFX and Matrox Mystique/Diamond Monster 2 cards, S3 Virge chipsets Laughing
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Descent, not Decent Wink
I loved Fade to Black, too. It had a pretty unique menu system that I liked but I've never really seen being adopted anywhere later.
S3, Gravis, 3DFX, big, iconic names... Like an early Nvidia - not the that late lying, greedy Nvidia.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to love predictive text. Laughing
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Descent very much. It was a great 3D, but somehow it made me sick when I played it, maybe a bad graphics card/CPU, I didn't always have a fast PC!!

I remember when I married my wife in 1999, I wanted to play Soldier of Fortune so badly. But the PC just couldn't handle it, it was lagging horribly, completely unplayable even on small details. At that time I just didn't have the money for new graphics, we started with really little, had to save up for food, etc. But I had a lot more free time!

I mean, the standard of living has gone up a lot in 20 years. A lot of people have 2-3 cars, 4 holidays a year, their own flat and cottage and buy a lot of rubbish. Since last year the standard of living has started to go down (energy price 3x, food price 1x as much). But it's still not nearly as expensive as it was in the 90s. I mean, in relation to how much money people make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: