Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update vs Original [56578]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject: The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update vs Original [56578] Reply with quote

ElAnalistaDeBits and Cycu1 have released comparison videos between the Next-Gen Update and the Original versions of The Witcher 3. These videos will give you a glimpse at the graphical enhancements that the Next-Gen Update brings to the table. The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will release on December 14th!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt watch the video but I looked at the pics.

The problem here is the same as "the last of us, part 1" is they try too hard and it looses its thing. OK, so its got better graphics but its lost the style, look objects, lighting.
Here you see the face shots. The old one looks great. the new one ok is higher resolution but the lighting is all wrong. Its way too bright and the lighting looks like its backlit. the old one has 1 light source like in the real world. the new one looks like its ght lighting all around from different angles.

Even the ground objects are missing and not there so its not as good.
What they do is try to cover up they are using less details but make other details bigger to cover up the fact its less details. "less is more" is what they are doing here.
So instead of having 20 sticks, 200 grass, 5 planks, etc. they are doing 200 longer grass to cover up the fact its now 5 sticks and 3 planks.

Go look at "the last of us part 1" comparison videos. You will see in that lots of things are missing and it looks more bland. It might be brighter, higher resolution but its got less details. A texture wont fix half the items missing.

And the next gen versions can add things wich ruins the game. Snowrunners did that. I hate the PS5 version so I stayed on the PS4 version. Its got new features you cant disable and get really annoying. Its also got lots of missing features and incompatibilities. So it looks a bit better and runs faster but as its now broken it doesn't matter how it looks, its ruined.

I'm waiting for this one. ok, it might look better but will it be ruined? Its from the same people who screwed up Cyberpunk so yea, I think I'll stick with the PS4 version till I finish it then that's it. Not going to bother with this PS5 ruined version.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that the older one will look better simply because these improvements they make won't be rendered on older cards. So, you get less than what you had before.
Let's hope there'll be a way to download the old version of the game, too.

On a related note, I had a chance to play Cyberpunk.
I liked the story a lot, but I found it surprisingly short: intro with Jackie, meet Johnny, run a few heists for people whose help you need and then get back at the baddies, end of story.
I was like: whaaat? that's it? 65Gigabytes for all that?

The game starts with picking a background. As if it mattered. All I found were some special dialogue options. I went as a nomad thinking as such I'd be able to get and tune some cars to kick-assary. Well, I saw no benefit to being a nomad at all.
Graphics were terrible - cars popping into view or from the ground up with their trunks missing, way too many very low quality textures, blur kills glasses and plastic, a bunch of pixels swimming, etc.
Being able to apply attachments, mods and cyberware was a nice touch, but it was ultimately underwhelming because the selection was very limited.
The breaching minigame was a good idea implemented badly.
Not being able to replace/upgrade the default pistol sucked big time.
Stealth was broken in many ways.
Movement and controls could have been better (you are forced to stand at times), you can't move when you want to, you can't shoot whoever you want to, etc.
What if I wanted to go with the baddies? You know, eff Jackie, eff Johnny...

I found some mods correcting some of these issues and making the game actually fun.
The scripting engine seemed very powerful though, but again, external mod tools had to be used (e.g. Cyber Engine Tweaks, red4ext, redscript, Archive XL etc.) because what CDPR released is ultimately useless; the game is not extensible without these external tools at all. With these, there are still a lot of limitations on what can and cannot be modded. However, I could get some of the most important changes in, so I did not have to give up on this game at 10% into it. Thanks for the modders for preventing this game from fading into oblivion.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
On a related note, I had a chance to play Cyberpunk.

I also played cyberpunk recently as I got it on my steam deck.
The steam deck is only 1280x800 so low resolution. No RayTracing in SteamOS only Windows so its not the best looking but on the deck itself it does look good and play smooth at about 25-30 fps.

But yea, the gameplay did glitch many times, the driving sucks, textures are there sometimes then all of a sudden pop up.
Its a very glitchy game. It was released pre-alpha I'm guessing. Now its a late beta as its good but still a lot of work to do.

And they want to release a paid DLC. Yea, good luck with that.
I wont buy the game and if you are right then I'm about 2 missions from finishing it so might as well finish it then bin it.

Even now with black friday / cyber monday sales its still not worth the $30 they are asking for it.
When its full with DLC for $5 then I might get it.

The problem with games these days is they say a release date but they cant make the game by then. What they NEED to do is NOT give a release date till they know they can release the game FINISHED by then. NONE of this day 0 patches either.
Finish it, patch it, THEN release it. THATS how it SHOULD be done.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in 2560x1600 on my 1070GTX and I got 45-60 FPS (was capped at 60 FPS because that's my monitor's rate).
It felt smooth and fluid, so I think these are clearly glitches that cannot be attributed to performance issues.

Last edited by Csimbi on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even 30 years ago games had to have patches released. There was still millions of permutations of hardware - yeah basic- but chipsets were a problem. Be it graphics or mobo. You still got patches on PC magazines, as it was the only reliable way to get them due to dialup. Today it’s just more about selling to the masses, by the time the code was released (broken) and sold the patch had already been worked on and easier to just get the customer to integrate it into the game, then find out it needed more patches etc
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mainly pointing my finger at console versions.
They need to make the game once as it 2 devices. there is not multiple versions, of hardware setups just 2, PS5 and Xbox.
So maybe a few different versions but all very similar. PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X.

So when the main game is finished and tested on those 7 devices THEN release it.
THATS WHAT BETA TESTERS GET PAID FOR. DONT TREAT THE PUBLIC LIKE FREE BETA TESTERS!!!

Thats why I dont like getting games on day 1. its untested and YOU are being treated like a free beta tester. Well, not really you are paying to be a beta tester. You get the game and its got bugs so you report those bugs. They just got the beta testing done for free.
I would prefer my games to be finished and bug free and already beta tested by professionals.
I dont like getting a game, playing it and half way through its got a game breaking bug as its been untested and I have to wait weeks to months before that bug is reported multiple times then they finally fix it. No, I'd rather have those beta testers do their job and fix and report and fix those bugs before I get it.
Its been a long time since I've had a bug free game. How about a patchless game which was actually released finished and tested? thats been even longer. 99% of games have day0 patches which is PROOF you brought a beta version.

WHY cant people see this and stop paying for crap? EVERYONE should boycott pre releases, pre-ordering and day 1 purchases. Give it 1 month. If nobody brought their games they would freak out and ask why. If we all said BETA TEST IT FIRST AND RELEASE A FINISHED TESTED BUG FREE VERSION. Then maybe they will wake up and do it for us.

Until you wake up and stop complaining you will continue to buy and play alpha/beta versions of games like cyberpunk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: