Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Valve adds Dynamic Cloud Sync to Steam Deck [54597]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Valve adds Dynamic Cloud Sync to Steam Deck [54597] Reply with quote

ing their device. This led the company to design Dynamic Cloud Sync for users who will game between the Steam Deck, laptop, PC, or another device. s their Deck while your game is running and then tries to resume that game on a different device, will be prompted to first return to their Deck to close the running pro

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about just allowing all members in one household the ability to play, install games on their PCs while online at the same time. It’s bloody prehistoric, that Epic allows it with zero issues. But not tight-arse steam.
Instead people have to sign out if one stays signed in. It’s been this was for 17 fuvking years!! They don’t even have the brains to log the names of household PCs on their system - like 3 licenses to play within the same address. Fine if you just fart about yourself - clearly.

“Family sharing” bullshit!
Dickheads
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Steam leadership has multiple living rooms, one for each family member, where they live as aliens, just under the one roof.
They are not a family, therefore they need their individual licenses for each living room.
Often the one roof includes living space arrangements for staff members - they are aliens requiring licenses as well.
They may all live under the same roof, but they don't share anything with one another.
It could also be a bad childhood experience where sharing did not work out for them, they all had to buy their own stickers.
Often times however, the most simplistic explanation turns out to be true.
So, how about: they are greedy?
Either way, if you like the Chinese spyware, go with Epic.
If you'd rather pay for a capitalist pig, go with Steam.
Customer's choice.
Erm, sorry. We are consumers these days, not even customers anymore. Customers are served.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d go with Epic any time. Why? Because my email doesn’t exist with them and who can’t say no to free games. Don’t even go their with the “if Epic goes under” bull because 1) it’s free games = no loss 2) what games I have bought are 1/3 the price of steam. I’m all for a guy that takes assholes to court because they rip the financial shit out of players and developers.
Steam is a corporate pile of steaming shit. How people can defend that is beyond me.
If I buy the same brand new car from a dealership or the man in the street and the man in the street charges me 1/3 the price of the dealership - because it has dozens of fat cat managers who own umpteen homes in 5 countries, I know who the idiots are that support the dealership (slash) Steam = A load of bum-fuck ass lickers Laughing
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I agree.
Except
- I'll never join Epic while there's a Chinese regime involved. I have my principles. China is a great place, people are great and everything, but the leadership is just fuck-all. I might reconsider once they free the people and govern without fear and terror.
- You have to buy shit on Steam while it's cheap. Wait out. I buy everything in the 75%-90% range. You could do the same; no reason to pay for these greedy bastards' yachts.
Of course, neither one of these help the family sharing shit at pile o' Steaming shit, but at least I don't feel back about overpaying.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But steam is involved with China and Asian countries.

https://store.steamchina.com/

Epic is an American company, with over 40 sites

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/about

Quote:
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is an American company founded by CEO Tim Sweeney. The company is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina and has more than 40 offices worldwide. Today Epic is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content.

Epic Games, Inc.
620 Crossroads Blvd.
Cary, NC USA
Tel +1 919 854 0070

So you can’t be a hypocrite about Epic and not Steam. It still is Chinese regardless of its limited games pool.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot,
I think you are misunderstanding.
Steam is owned by Valve, an American company.
Epic is owner by Tescent, a Chinese company.
Ownership means dictating the terms and control of your data.
Tescent, being a Chinese company can, at any point of time (if not already doing it) abuse your data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: