Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

You can now play God of War on Windows 7/8 [54551]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: You can now play God of War on Windows 7/8 [54551] Reply with quote

Sony has releasedGod of War on PC and as weâ??ve already reported, the PC port is pretty great. However, and by default, the game only runs on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Thankfully, there is a mod now that you can use in order to play it on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.

Created by modders â??okt04175â?? and â

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
KuBr0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty impressive results considering that the CPU is almost 10 years old and the GPU 5. If he just swapped that 1080 for a 3080 he would've gotten stable 60+fps on all scenes for sure, since that CPU has enough performance to run even the most demanding current games.

Its a shame that MS is forcing new HW on us this way. If you have a powerful 4 core CPU, the only reason why you'd have to upgrade it is due to their fucked up policies, ruling you out by software ...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it proves my point well that games are not CPU intensive and therefore games are not suitable for CPU benchmarking.

I fully agree with your sentiments on Microsoft force feeding shit to everyone. I am not sure why that has not been called out as abuse of power in court.

I also wonder what the EU will do when the realize these Windows 11 policies will create massive piles of electrical garbage (often not environment-friendly) around the globe. Microsoft - the planet killer, lol
KuBr0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering about that too. Its not only MS, its a whole vicious circle of MS, AMD, Intel, nVidia that all work together, along with all the manufacturers by pushing this type of shit, and as long as the customers play along, this won't ever change. Why would it? Those are corporations aimed at shoveling money, fuck the environment, fuck being responsible ... as long as its considered acceptable.

I mean, this is bad, but one thing I consider even worse - cellphones. The amount of them being sold each year considering each piece won't last longer than max 2-3 years and then needs to be disposed because the battery can't be changed, thats hard to outperform ...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been going on for how long…….
I can go back 1995 when Oleg Maddox -IL-2 Sturmovik fame, signed over to Intel and wouldn’t support AMD processors Athlon x64 - threading and instead implemented it for Intel. Resulting in shit performance
colacola
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: You can now play God of War on Windows 7/8 [54551] Reply with quote

ggrobot wrote:
Sony has releasedGod of War on PC and as weâ??ve already reported, the PC port is pretty great. However, and by default, the game only runs on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Thankfully, there is a mod now that you can use in order to play it on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.

Created by modders â??okt04175â?? and â

Read more...
Played it not too long ago. Not a bad game, you can get a little stuck in it. But I prefer the theme of world war 2, a lot read about those times. That's why I prefer COD. The fourth part was not bad. In general, I look forward to most games on Sony Play Station.
Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news

In principle, it is no longer needed on Windows 7 and 8!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: