Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

F.E.A.R demo impressions [19429]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: F.E.A.R demo impressions [19429] Reply with quote

I captured some screens while playing the F.E.A.R demo. From what I got to play of FEAR though, I must say that I'm very impressed. This is how fort-person shooter shootouts should be IMHO. Using cover, running away when in a bad position, flanking etc. Very nice. Very scary. And...I hate that little girl! read

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that i played through the demo for the third time..i can actually run this game at full details/1024 except for soft shadows and medium texture, and it being playable on a K7 2600+ and 5900XT at exactly Ultra CLK. Good job on the technical side i must say. This is definitely on my list. A nice juicy SP shooter. The *only* remark i have is that the weapon sounds are really too quiet/weak. A must have.
JDR13
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree about the weapon sounds. The guns sound very weak, almost as if they're being muffled. The bullet discharge seemed screwy as well. For example, on the machine guns it sometimes seemed as if they were still firing for a second after I had released the trigger. The physics engine is far from perfect also, several times I saw bodies bounce and jiggle long after I had shot them. The graphics and atmosphere are very impressive but I can't help feeling a little dissapointed by this game after all the hype.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.The problem is that i cannot run the demo.I get an error saying "A REQUIRED SECURITY MODULE CAN NOT BE ACTIVATED.THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT BE EXECUTED". Any ideas? thx
Badmagic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
Hi guys.The problem is that i cannot run the demo.I get an error saying "A REQUIRED SECURITY MODULE CAN NOT BE ACTIVATED.THIS PROGRAM CAN NOT BE EXECUTED". Any ideas? thx

Sounds like the download might have been gubbed, was it a bit torrent, zip or exe you got?

Maybe re-download?

***EDIT***

Also do you have a DX9 compatible card?

I think I remember a similar post somewhere else because the person could not run DX9 but it is maybe just my imagination.

*END*EDIT*
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice graphics, so-so gameplay...suprised? Come on now.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually i have a gt6800. I run everything just fine. The file was downloaded with azureus bit torrent client. When the file finished it hashed ok and the installation returned no errors whatsoever.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i just got word from a friend to whom i gave the exact same file i downloaded and at his computer it runs just fine!So there is something wrong with my computer. Any ideas what this security stupid thind is. The support page of vugames returns an error also and i cannot ask them direclty. My luck...!!Sad
djdidge
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord .... Your security thing may be a windows permissions thing. I know it may sound silly, but ensure your installing it as the system admin.

Regards,

DiDGE[/quote]
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course i have admin rights on my pc.What the hell? Razz
Shadow674
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ pslord: Hmm, perhaps try disabling any firewall or antivirus protection you might have on? Try re-installing the game or maybe it'd never hurt to go for a system re-format since things just keep piling up in the registery =)

Anyway, about the game, I must say It was pretty fun, having ended the demo nearly 10 times now. Graphics and Gameplay are pretty good despite the few bugs which might be cleaned up in the final version. Also, a tip for anyone who has a slow CPU and wants good performance: Disable Shadows, this increases performance significantly as the CPU doesn't have to do all those complex calculations about where to caste the shadow depending on the angle of lights etc.

It made the game perform really well on my 2.6 GHZ Pentium 4 with an ATI Radeon 9600 XT.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.Thanks for your help. I am NOT going to format a perfectly working system for a game demo that does not work, no matter how good it is. Truelly my installation is rather old but i keep everything perfeclty clean and up until now no problems occured. I managed to contact vugames so i'm expecting an answer from them. I will post it here once i receive so other might be helped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: