Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Overclocked Intel Core i9-12900K outperforms [54033]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Overclocked Intel Core i9-12900K outperforms [54033] Reply with quote

According to the screenshot from the CPU-Z benchmark, the Core i9-12900K scored 851 points in the single-thread test and 11987 points in the multi-thread. This is just a small fraction higher than previously reported results, but it is the first time the CPU has outperformed stock Ryzen 9 5950X in the multi-thread test

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
doodah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people compare overclocked CPUs with stock CPUs?

I'm sure a Toyota with NOS could probably beat a Bugatti, but I know which I'd rather own.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Intel desperately needs a positive review.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its like a dead cadaver suddenly shaking, trying to show that its still alive, how pathetic Very Happy

Meanwhile, next gen AMD CPUs are around the corner just waiting to beat the shit out of 12th gen Intel ...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t even know why they bother overclocking and doing simple benching crap “my CPU can do 10 billion polys a second - post it on the ‘My CPU is bigger than your CPU’ website ffs get a life!! . It’s like as old as pc dinosaurs. When it comes to gameplay, AMD sucks end of conversation. Their all round performance is just a bag of spanner’s. Then the forums are full of “this game is unoptimisable and shit”, meanwhile Intel owners go “wtf you talking about” it’s the same old year in, year out.
Fucking learn about hardware not hyperbole. I couldn’t care less if it had 100 threads and sperm thick Technology, if it’s shit at all my games, it’s just that- shit. People today actually think they have car engines in their pc - with its OEM motherboard- let’s compare 3D Mark scores….. seriously
KuBr0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot's wrote:
I don’t even know why they bother overclocking and doing simple benching crap “my CPU can do 10 billion polys a second - post it on the ‘My CPU is bigger than your CPU’ website ffs get a life!! . It’s like as old as pc dinosaurs. When it comes to gameplay, AMD sucks end of conversation. Their all round performance is just a bag of spanner’s. Then the forums are full of “this game is unoptimisable and shit”, meanwhile Intel owners go “wtf you talking about” it’s the same old year in, year out.
Fucking learn about hardware not hyperbole. I couldn’t care less if it had 100 threads and sperm thick Technology, if it’s shit at all my games, it’s just that- shit. People today actually think they have car engines in their pc - with its OEM motherboard- let’s compare 3D Mark scores….. seriously

true, thats why I always chosen Intel CPUs for my gaming rigs since more than a decade now
KevinKlein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, have you used any other processors besides Intel? If not, you have nothing to compare with. Process reviews will not provide a complete understanding of how they work. For example, I used Intel for games for more than 5 years, and then switched to ryzen and was more than satisfied.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinKlein wrote:
Listen, have you used any other processors besides Intel? If not, you have nothing to compare with. Process reviews will not provide a complete understanding of how they work. For example, I used Intel for games for more than 5 years, and then switched to ryzen and was more than satisfied.

Yes but that’s a vague description of ‘satisfied’. I used AMD Athlon’s in the second half of my pc life, then switched to Intel for about 25years now. Never had an issue with any games so why would I change. For a start your ‘vague’ covers over 700 games on steam, 194 on Epic, 955 on GoG then I have UBi, (can’t be bothered counting) and manual installs of games which I can’t be arsed counting either.
What I’m stating is on the steam forums performance issues abound galore with AMD hardware, whether it’s optimisation or thread issues or software/drivers I s neither here nor there. They moan incessantly, where other gamers ask them for specs it’s AMD that is the root cause.
AMD where terrible in supporting their drivers when I had hardware from them. Which is one of the reasons i buggered off and left them. They were also finicky when it came to matching motherboards and chipsets. Again, just not good enough. They ran hot and required monster heat sinks and then you have problems straight off the bat with Win 11. What more can you say.
So good that you have a match. Enjoy it and hope you keep it working.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that Gelsinger is assigning blame to the previous management - bad decisions and incompetence.
He is not wrong, but assigning blame is not going to help Intel's current situation.
Down the drain it goes.
I guess the previous management was smart enough to jump ship while they could. Now Gelsinger will be known as the leader that killed Intel.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel sucks. Intel is dead to me now.. Nothing here could sway me from my AMD stuff now. Never thought I'd ever say that.. like ever! but since recent updates, mobo and bios.. I haven't got a single complaint. SURPRISED!? I do eventually want to get back to a nvidia card.. but I'm in no rush anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: