Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

I thought this GPU mod was going to be pointless... [53800
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: I thought this GPU mod was going to be pointless... [53800 Reply with quote

Imagine if nvidia did this from the factory! This shouldn't be a necessary mod!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
doodah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? This is a crytopcoin video..??
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:

Sorry Sad My fault.

it's fixed now
KuBr0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
doodah wrote:

Sorry Sad My fault.

it's fixed now

was confused about the video which was there in first place too :DDDD

This is just telling me one thing - buy an ASUS ROG STRIX GPU Very Happy They use the proper stuff.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:
heretic wrote:
doodah wrote:

Sorry Sad My fault.

it's fixed now

was confused about the video which was there in first place too :DDDD

This is just telling me one thing - buy an ASUS ROG STRIX GPU Very Happy They use the proper stuff.

actually, this time around, Asus' cards have bad thermal pads. You should AVOID them.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He took the thermal pads from the latest ROG STRIX revision (30 series). Got the same one, can't complain. Thermals are superb.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He took the thermal pads from the latest ROG STRIX revision (30 series). Got the same one, can't complain. Thermals are superb.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I should buy way overpriced cards AND gamble?!

nope.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by gamble? You know that its electronics, and with those, there is always going to be certain failure rate. Not even high tier ThinkPads have a 0% failure rate.

I hope that you're not referring to the missing thermal pads on the memory modules on some ASUS GPUs. It could happen to any maker, thats a QC error, and you know, this is actually what you have your warranty for. Or just buy an Inno3D GPU and cheap out on it, if that is your thing.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I was referring to missing pads on ASUS STRIX cards. I can buy an MSI card and not worry about that. Especially after ASUS made a public statement shamelessly proclaiming that they will raise prices of their cards because people are ready to overpay anyway.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next thing you know, there are reports flying around about something missing or failing on MSI cards. I like how you are trying to portrait MSI as THE right alternative, even though they got literally the same pricing on their Suprim X cards (ROG Strix counterpart) and Gaming Z Trio cards (TUF counterpart). Both are leading state of the art GPU manufacturers which are responsible for driving the prices up, others are just quietly going with the flow, and you are going to be here like DOH, ASUS BAD, MSI GOOD, HUR DUR xD lul
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No man, MSI just came to mind first. I started to despise Asus because of this greed:

https://www.techpowerup.com/276796/asus-officially-increases-prices-of-graphics-cards-and-motherboards

Quote:
The company announced that starting from today, prices of PC components like graphics cards and motherboards will get increased.

and they now have pads that are not properly seated or simply missing. (I am exaggerating the reach of this problem on purpose).

I guess with price increase comes the quality decrease.

I get it that some people love some companies, which is bizarre and dumb, but Asus?! Have you tried their mid-range GPUs? They are literally classic junk like everyone else's

Quote:
Suprim X cards (ROG Strix counterpart) and Gaming Z Trio cards (TUF counterpart)

that's what Asus would like you to believe, but their TUF is meh (it's their classic line for the masses, loud compared to even Zotac), and Gaming Z/X/Trio is a class above (we are talking about cooling solutions here right?) and is even better than Strix. Try it. I have in the past (I am not overpaying for GPUs now)

Quote:
and you are going to be here like DOH, ASUS BAD, MSI GOOD, HUR DUR xD lul

yes, because I am the stupid one in love with a company, like you with Asus right? Hur dur...
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
No man, MSI just came to mind first. I started to despise Asus because of this greed:

https://www.techpowerup.com/276796/asus-officially-increases-prices-of-graphics-cards-and-motherboards

Quote:
The company announced that starting from today, prices of PC components like graphics cards and motherboards will get increased.

I hope you don't believe that other manufacturers haven't taken advantage of the situation and didn't increase their prices? Just that there haven't been articles about it doesn't mean it didn't happen, just check out the history of prices on MSI or AORUS gear and you'll see for yourself, back in January happened across the whole industry.

gx-x wrote:
I get it that some people love some companies, which is bizarre and dumb, but Asus?! Have you tried their mid-range GPUs? They are literally classic junk like everyone else's

Quote:
Suprim X cards (ROG Strix counterpart) and Gaming Z Trio cards (TUF counterpart)

that's what Asus would like you to believe, but their TUF is meh (it's their classic line for the masses, loud compared to even Zotac), and Gaming Z/X/Trio is a class above (we are talking about cooling solutions here right?) and is even better than Strix. Try it. I have in the past (I am not overpaying for GPUs now)

Quote:
and you are going to be here like DOH, ASUS BAD, MSI GOOD, HUR DUR xD lul

yes, because I am the stupid one in love with a company, like you with Asus right? Hur dur...

I'm definitely no ASUS fanboy, if anything, I'm a ThinkPad fanboy. The reason for choosing the ASUS GPU is pretty simple, I was searching for the best nVidia GPU on the market currently and whether the chip was 3090, 3080 or 3060, the ASUS ROG Strix was coming out on top in all the comparisons - performance, thermals, acoustics. Yes, all of them said that its at the same time the most expensive GPU on the market, but as I told you before, I don't give a shit about +/- 100€ or 200€, fuck that shit ...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the rtx 3xxx series, MSI f*cked up, they made bad (cheap) power unit (VRM) not even following the nV spec.
But personally, I wont touch any GPU while prices (or wages) reamin where they are. Not everyone is getting Biden $400 a week, or lives in the US. Those GPUs cost two my salaries. Used older GPUs that used to cost $<200 are now >$300, even mine that I payed for ~$250 two years ago (used)
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
for the rtx 3xxx series, MSI f*cked up, they made bad (cheap) power unit (VRM) not even following the nV spec.
But personally, I wont touch any GPU while prices (or wages) reamin where they are. Not everyone is getting Biden $400 a week, or lives in the US. Those GPUs cost two my salaries. Used older GPUs that used to cost $<200>$300, even mine that I payed for ~$250 two years ago (used)

I'm from peasant Slovakia and I build a completely new rig from ground up every 5 or 6 years. The last one has been due for over a year, had money ready since last Christmas but was hunting for that very last part, which was the GPU.

I don't believe we're going to return back to normal prices anytime soon :/

I spent 5k on my last build, while the GPU cost me 2200€. All the high end setups that I have build in the past have been cheaper than the GPU alone, below 2k. The world is going gaga ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: