Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half Life 2 - Episode 2 [24427]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Half Life 2 - Episode 2 [24427] Reply with quote

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy. Continuing the plot of Half-Life 2 and Episode One, Episode Two consists of seven chapters telling the story of Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance's journey to a ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys gave bioshock 100% and only 91% to episode two? We are being unfair now aren't we?
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i would have given bioshock a 91 and halflife 2 ep 2 at lease a 96

the game was so fun and they improved the games look also max settings the game looks great, awesome story line great fighting
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic, I completely understand.

therefore you must give Crysis 200% Very Happy
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because I love the Half-life universe so much I drool every time I hear "Doc..tor Freeeeeeman", but 91 is too low for episode 2. I'm not blaming you anyway, HX, but this one was an absolutely unbelievable experience for me, way better than hl2 or ep1. Every second was packed with content and none of it was other than awesome.
And the story... oh, the storyline and acting! I think Half-life has become more of a movie than a game =)
No other game ever was so emotional. This was something new. And people say Valve are no longer innovative.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was such a pile of crap.
The problem with every source engine game I've played is their physics engine is just horribly implemented. Every little bucket and bottle prevents you from moving, so whenever you get into a battle it feels like you're fighting in some maze of invisible walls.
The levels seem to be designed around their physics "puzzles" (although I wouldn't realy call them puzzles) which really only succeed in taming down the action. The vehicle driving in the game is a joke (did they not learn from the first HL2?) and all the NPCs ride your ass so whenever you get into a fight in an enclosed area, you can't move anywhere but forward.
It would also be nice if you could skip the cutscenes instead being forced to twiddle your thumbs while watching some lame attempt at a story move forward.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when i played HL2 it completely blew me away! The ending was excellent and i couldn't wait for the full blown expansion or new game to continue the story.
Alas VALVE blew it and decided to milk the butt out of gamers by releasing dribs & drabs of game content and making you pay for it for a mere few minutes of, so-called, episodic gameplay.
Sorry, i don't have 'gullable' tattooed on my forehead VALVE and i no longer will have my PC tied to the net so that i have to 'check-in' with them *before* i can play a single player game everytime on bloody STEAM!
Besides VALVE certainly mounted the Bill Gates throne lately and chucked their weight about, re the 'outwith territory' purchases of the orange box.

Behaviour like that obviously works in America, and they accept it, but not in Europe.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
This game was such a pile of crap.
The problem with every source engine game I've played is their physics engine is just horribly implemented. Every little bucket and bottle prevents you from moving, so whenever you get into a battle it feels like you're fighting in some maze of invisible walls.
The levels seem to be designed around their physics "puzzles" (although I wouldn't realy call them puzzles) which really only succeed in taming down the action. The vehicle driving in the game is a joke (did they not learn from the first HL2?) and all the NPCs ride your ass so whenever you get into a fight in an enclosed area, you can't move anywhere but forward.
It would also be nice if you could skip the cutscenes instead being forced to twiddle your thumbs while watching some lame attempt at a story move forward.

th4t1guy you have absolutely no idea about good games. go play with your playstation moron.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:

th4t1guy you have absolutely no idea about good games. go play with your playstation moron.

Did you read that in PC gamer? cause thats where you seem to get your opinions from...

TOOL
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
psolord wrote:

Did you read that in PC gamer? cause thats where you seem to get your opinions from...

TOOL

I don't give a shit about PC Gamer or your opinion. I play games for two decades now and i know a good game when i see one. The human brain has an ability called perception which, you ape, are obviously lacking.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't a game that comes close to hl2 so far, im sorry i didnt enjoy bioshock.. i couldn't finish it..just didnt feel like it, but thats me. im not a halflife 2 fanboy, ep 1 sucked so bad i never thought ep 2 was going to be as good as it was. its a great story and i have played it again, very fun.

th4t1guy whats the best SP shooter so far for you? just curious... btw pc gamer can burn. make ur mind up by urself.. not with a mag.
NaibiKoyta
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lul its so funny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: