Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Tales of Arise 'Battle System and [53221]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:13 am    Post subject: Tales of Arise 'Battle System and [53221] Reply with quote

Bandai Namco has released the second official developer diary for Tales of Arise, which discusses the gameâ??s battle system and characters with producer Yusuke Tomizawa, director Hirokazu Kagawa, and art director Minoru Iwamoto. Tales of Arise is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transcript

Yusuke Tomizawa, Producer: “I am Yusuke Tomizawa, the producer of Tales of Arise. Today, I would like to introduce how we have taken the theme of “Inheritance and Evolution” and applied it to the iconic battles and character expressions often seen in the Tales of series.”

Hirokazu Kagawa, Director: “I am Hirokazu Kagawa, the project director. For each installment of the Tales of series, we have always challenged past battle systems, and have committed to improving and delivering new battle system elements and an overall experience to the ‘action battles.’ However, as the history of battle systems build up, the system has the tendency to become more and more complex.

“In this game, our goal was to create ‘an action RPG that can be enjoyed by everybody,’ so we have revisited the complexities and the balance of attacks and evasion, and have implemented a ‘Counter Edge’ feature that provides satisfaction when performing counter attacks.

“We have also added new systems called ‘Boost Attack’ and ‘Boost Strike.’ This obviously has the purpose of providing a good tempo to the battle as it is easy to execute during combos, leading to a satisfying final move, but the most important aspect of Tales of are the battles that emphasize each character’s ‘specialty,’ as well as the comfort of fighting with your team members. This was always in our mind when we were designing this.

“I personally really enjoy battles in Tales of games, and that the controls were evolving to be instinctive for the player. I plan to continue fine tuning this area to the very end.”

Tomizawa: “The battle sequences just mentioned by Kagawa-san are not the only areas where the liveliness and characteristics of the characters can be felt. The movie scenes and field areas are also areas where players can feel close attachment to the characters.”

Minoru Iwamoto, Art Director: “I am Minori Iwamoto, the art director. We have especially put emphasis towards the face and body movements by using facial capture and high-quality motion capture technologies to rely on the character emotions of Tales of Arise. We have expressed subtle changes in emotion of the characters through careful mouth movements, movement of the eyebrows, and facial angles, so that the emotions can be expressed with body movements.

“In addition, Tales of has been committed to not just good-looking visuals, but expressing the characters from different angles. Therefore, we have strived to show character personality in simple idle motions as well as movements during fast-paced battles. I have designed the characters centered around the six main characters constantly keeping in mind the types of movements that I wanted the characters to act out.

“As development progresses, I have always felt the importance of applying love and detail into the characters as they gradually take life… I hope this can be felt by the players as well.”

Tomizawa: “We were only able to show you a little bit in this footage, but I look forward to players experiencing the game for themselves. I plan to roll out more and more new information about the game. We have a little bit more time until the release of the game, and I hope everybody looks forward to playing.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: