Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Anti-Mining Feature [52323]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Anti-Mining Feature [52323] Reply with quote

NVIDIA announced (thanks Csimbi) the company's first Crypto Mining Processor (CPM) that serves the purpose of having a dedicated processor only for mining with no video outputs. Alongside the new processors, the company has also announced that in the next driver update the GeForce RTX 3060 GPU will get Etherium mining

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good move from Nvidia.
Let miners mine and let gamers game.

I anticipate AMD to follow suit with their offerings.

They could sweeten the deal by charging extra for the mining cards and use that extra to lower their GPU prices.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am positive this wont have any effect. 1050Ti now, where I am, used ~200 eur. It can't mine, but due to shortage of everything else -non-mining cards went up 100% in price too.
Do you look forward to 600 eur non-mining 3060? I am not. I'd rather add some (if I were inclined to get robbed) money and get the normal one so that while I don't game I can just mine in background (which I am doing right now anyway) and make some of that money back.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a news article that mining uses as much energy as the whole of Argentina in one year!. Which is ridiculous. SO much for caring for the future of the planet. Hypocrites

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a35482641/bitcoin-mining-electricity-consumption/
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I care for the future of the planet. Planet will be fine anyways, it's us who might die. And I'd like to see that.

this is more perilous to us than how much Argentina is poor:

A million bottles a minute: world's plastic binge"
https://www.polyestertime.com/million-bottles-world-plastic/

hardly anything to do with mining, it's all about advertising and selling bottled sugar, by the US companies all over the world, right after they sell them cigarettes.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will have effect.
Buuy miners have no choice so they buy GPUs until the CMP is actually available.
Remember, this was just an announcement - it will take some time until you see these on the shelves. And even after that we have to wait a few months for the market so stabilize.

My worry here is the production volume.
They could not produce enough GPUs.
How will they be able to produce enough CMPs and GPUs?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I never said I care for the future of the planet. Planet will be fine anyways, it's us who might die. And I'd like to see that.

this is more perilous to us than how much Argentina is poor:

A million bottles a minute: world's plastic binge"
https://www.polyestertime.com/million-bottles-world-plastic/

hardly anything to do with mining, it's all about advertising and selling bottled sugar, by the US companies all over the world, right after they sell them cigarettes.

I never said you did. What I’m saying is we have all these millennial hypocrites going on about plastic this... which they started. Along with costa/ Starbucks and the raping of the planet to fund their latest annual mobile phone upgrade. Yeah all the rarest materials go into phones and found deep in the earth or in sensitive regions. When I was younger bottles were glass; milk,juice and your ketchup bottles and everything else. They were also reused and returnable and .... you got money back! Shocker eh.

The other thing was sweet wrappers were paper. Snickers, Mars, toffee. Butchers gave you meat in paper bags. Chip shops sold suppers in newspapers... and so on. This generation did a good job on the planet. Cars and population were nonexistent. In my lifetime, the population has doubled since I was born and families were lucky to have one car. Now it’s 2-3 cars parked outside houses. And they blame the older generation. I still have ONE car and it’s 12 years old with less than 30k on the clock. Fully serviced annually. It’s only 1.2L. Because I walk or use public transport until we use the car maybe once or twice a week. Some people need to look at themselves in the mirror. Like that Greta Thunberg. Flying round the world to promote... what? Exactly what it’s doing. As you said, the population needs to fuck off and die or sterilise after one child.
Fucking humans! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Sabot on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to me, I am over 40 so...Still, would like to see survival of the fittest once more even tho I'd most likely perish, so would most millenials and other arrogant pricks. Corona not doing a good job, we need at least a stadium big asteroid to tap The Earth to bring some order back here.

Last edited by gx-x on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Not to me, I am over 40 so...Still, would like to see survival of the fittest once more even tho I'd most likely perish, so would most millenials and other arrogant pricks. Corona not doing a good job, we need at least a stadium big asteroid to tap The Earth to bring some order back here.
salut

I’m 57 btw
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn’t call some of this generation ‘men’ ffs. They use more female bathroom products than my wife! Facial hair and body hair is nonexistent also.
The worlds doomed then! Laughing
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

Asteroid.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this thread escalated quickly.

I see this in a positive way. Nvidia is doing the right thing.

Actually it would be better if the card could unplug itself and force itself into the miner's butthole while the fucking gollum is asleep. Without lube!

But that's just me.

Fucking worthless creeps. Everyone wants to be rich with a click of the mouse. Lazy bastards power virusing the world. I wish it gets banned globally fml.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not with a click of the mouse. It's like saying with a click of the mouse you built a new PC. Doesn't work that way. There are people making millions doing maintenance of rigs on site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: