Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. DX9 hi-res trailer [18742]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. DX9 hi-res trailer [18742] Reply with quote

Fan site
Oblivion-Lost.com informed us

erer of "X-Ray", the engine powering
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, which were exposed during a movie interview with the lead programmer of the game, Oles Shishkovtsov by the Russian print mag "Igromania". Among other aspect

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the interview reveals what the developers use most of their time for

Hell, I can answer that question: hyping this game by giving an unending series of pointless, repetitive interviews and press releases. If they'd spent half as much time actually working on the game as they have slinging PR hash, the game would be done and in the bargain bin by now.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you retard, you think their programmers and artists are advertising or their PR deptartment is...OR do you expect the PR department to develop the game, eitherway your just stupid.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the defence for these guys out there. I guess for those that have followed this game "from the start" people are getting irritated with the press release BS these guys have going. The game is slated for 2006 and at this stage, even I doubt it will be here fresh and early in 2006.

Until the game is here, I'm just bored of the press releases and videos with no certainty the game will even appear as such at release time. Companies are great at throwing you the eye candy until you go to store bring it home and find out it looks like trash.. Not saying STALKER will look like crap, but I rather see a video of game 1 week or so prior to release, when it's actually here, not months and months away from release. I couldn't personally give a $hit what it looks like now.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:

Quote:
you retard, you think their programmers and artists are advertising or their PR deptartment

From the blurb on this site:

Quote:
during a movie interview with the lead programmer of the game

What I wrote:

Quote:
hyping this game by giving an unending series of pointless, repetitive interviews

You're (<--correct spelling of the contraction of "you are") dismissed. Idiot.
Hjarry
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares when it comes out? Fanboys scratching for their fix, and no-lifers who grow cynical waiting for Santa Claus.

The only interesting question is: Will this mutant FPS-RPG-open-ended dystopia be as cool as it looks?

Not a soul knows.

Meanwhile, the media is intriguing, beautiful, eerie, and promising. Nobody else is developing anything that even comes close to STALKER in ambition and scope. That's why anybody who loves sci fi and horror is hoping this won't be a cock up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: